getting those brake line clamps out

greenbaron

.060 Over
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket III
I like those Flipmeister brake line clamps - one of my original (stock, plastic) ones just broke, matter of fact. How the heck do you get those guys out? They look like a simple press fit, but there doesn't seem to be any way to squeeze them on the back side to get them out.
You don't have to take the fender off, do ya :confused:

Ok, shoulda known... Looks like that's going to be required to install the Flipmeisters anywho!
tanks,
gb

Just 'wiggled and tugged ' mine and they came out . Fitted the clamps without removing my mudgaurd

hm... i couldn't get snips on them at all. spent about 5 minutes with a mirror and a flashlight to see what the heck...
i did try tugging quite a bit and it wasn't going to happen... will take another look and try a different pair of cutters tho', i sure would rather not get into disassembly if i don't got to!
but i've got a feeling that's where i'm headed:rolleyes: my luck...

Hey Greenbaron, removing the front fender is a snap. Use a 10mm wrench to take the 4 capscrews holding the 2 chrome deflectors at the top of the lower fork tubes. Then use a 12mm wrench to loosen the 4 capscrews holding the front fender. Turn the front fork all the way to the left (this is what worked for me but the "right" may also work), set a towel or other soft cloth on the ground behind the front tire & below the fender (just in case the fender should touch the ground during removal), hold the fender while removing the capscrews, roll the fender down the back side of the tire until it almost is to the ground, then "twist" it to the outside of the bike to sneak it from between the forks that last little bit. Works like a charm.

Remove the plastic clips as needed. When you install the base part of the Flipmeister clamps, do not tighten it at this time so you may later "clock" it to match the flow of each brake line accordingly. Slip the fender back the reverse of the removal, secure, reinstall the chrome deflectors, chase the brake lines into the saddles of the new line holders, install caps and tighten per Flips instructions. You will find there is just enough room between the tire & fender to sneak a wrench in to turn the head of the bolt passing through the fender into the bracket.

Last edited:
Back