Getting on (Mounting)

DiveBunny

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3 Touring
Please forgive me if it's a daft question.... However:
How do you get on your Rocket Touring - do you mount from the left, swinging right leg over (I always have with other bikes previously, but find it a bit difficult getting leg clear of seat back - even though it folds down) or do you step on the right side floorboard and swing left leg over, as American Police riders do?
For me it is more comfortable from the right, though I always fear the bike might fall over!!

cowboy style eh? I do the cowboy style in my crf dual sport bike, but in the rocket, I just mount from the left, exercising my ballerina leg.... yeah, it takes more effort than my sportbike, still is good to move that leg muscle...

cn.jpg

Last edited:
Always from the left, just like a horse. You can even put your left foot on the stirrups, er, floorboard, and then swing your right leg over. Of course this is assuming that you are not too old to get your leg over.

Always from the left, just like a horse. You can even put your left foot on the stirrups, er, floorboard, and then swing your right leg over. Of course this is assuming that you are not too old to get your leg over.
I think I just feel wary of putting my weight plus the bikes weight on the side-stand - I wondered about putting foot on left floorboard. Thanks

If I have my bag on the rear fender I have to step on left floorboard so I can get my right leg over. Same with dismounting. I weigh 220.

Back