Getting New Legs Under the Beast

hoopla

Mained to ride!
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 GT
So before doing any power mods, I wanted to get the RR undercontrol.

I ordered Hagons for the rear (13inch) and Traxxion cartridges for the front all set up to my riding conditions and weights. This should go a long ways in stabilizing the bike over bumps and through the corners.

Can't wait for good roads!!

Hoopla

I have YSS rear shocks, which are kinda Wilbers knockoffs.
I lust for the Traxxion fork cartridges.

When you hit the road, I'd be interested in your before/after impression of the fork cartridges.

So before doing any power mods, I wanted to get the RR undercontrol.

I ordered Hagons for the rear (13inch) and Traxxion cartridges for the front all set up to my riding conditions and weights. This should go a long ways in stabilizing the bike over bumps and through the corners.

Can't wait for good roads!!

Hoopla

No teasing allowed now we have to wait to see pictures -thank you very much:roll:

No teasing allowed now we have to wait to see pictures -thank you very much

When you hit the road, I'd be interested in your before/after impression of the fork cartridges

I'll report when she's going, I'll take pics when they come in.

When I spoke with Traxxion they now include external adjustments, they provide new caps so the adjusters are available, it's not a one and done deal, really sophsticated, just like a top end sport bike. At least that's my understanding of the cartridge. They have done quite a few rockets and lots of heavy bikes, harleys, goldwings, so they know about big bikes too. I spoke with Dan, seemed very knowledgable. He expected shipment in a few days. Cost was 999 with shipping included.

Got the Nitros/Hagons at Dave Quinns, spoke with Dave, good guy, knew his stuff too. Delivery is 3-6 wks, so if you are inclined to make a move, that's the time frame. He doesn't bill until shipment, so your money won't be tied up. Cost 544 plus shipping.

Hoopla

I hope those cartridges make a really HYUUUUGE difference. A grand is a hefty investment. $100 for Progressive springs and a couple of bottles of 7 weight fork oil was enough for me. And the difference was HYUUUGE with just that.

Last edited:
I never rode with the stock system, the Traxxion cartridges work very well, highly adjustable on compression and rebound. I have them set where the bumps and jars are undercontrol and I get very little diving when braking, maybe even none. That's with 2 people normally too, so I would say I'm quite pleased with them. The bike stays quite level. I have Hagons in the rear.

Back