Get you out of the **** tip,please read

andydep

.020 Over
GET YOU OUT OF THE **** TIP

got stranded the other day with no power to the ignition ,aa man got it going again,

1. undo right hand side cover
2. connect a wire to live battery terminal
3. unplug ignition relay (small one on left)
4. connect wire to relay socket no 30 (as marked on relay)
5. plug relay back in
6. turn on key
7. start bike
8. remember to dis-connect wire when you get home/to garage as the lights will stay on
i am gonna carry a (fused) wire on the bike from now on just in case,the cause of problem turned out to be a loose ignition wire shorted out,hope no-one else has this problem ,but if you do....this works

Thanks, andydep.
This is some good to know stuff.
Perhaps some pix or illustration for us electronically challenged . . .
1olbull

GET YOU OUT OF THE **** TIP

got stranded the other day with no power to the ignition ,aa man got it going again,

1. undo right hand side cover
2. connect a wire to live battery terminal
3. unplug ignition relay (small one on left)
4. connect wire to relay socket no 30 (as marked on relay)
5. plug relay back in
6. turn on key
7. start bike
8. remember to dis-connect wire when you get home/to garage as the lights will stay on
i am gonna carry a (fused) wire on the bike from now on just in case,the cause of problem turned out to be a loose ignition wire shorted out,hope no-one else has this problem ,but if you do....this works

Great post mate

very common problem on these bikes..you need a relay between the ign switch and battery..lots of us have used Eastern Beaver
Link Removed kit .. and at this point you probably will need to either re-solder the ign wires or replace the switch too..

Now with pics

Hers the pics,it will only let me upload 3,just connect other end of wire to line battery terminal P1030930.jpg

P1030931.jpg

P1030932.jpg

Back