General question about Triumph

Brian Mishler

Standard Bore
Ride
1982 yamaha virago 920
Hello folks. I'm a new member, name is Brian. I live in Lexington KY,and currently I am riding a 1982 yamaha virago 920. I have riden many different bikes, for many years, but I have never owned or ridden a Triumph. I was just hoping to get some feedback from you folks about Triumph in general. I went to my local dealer and have fallen in love with the rocket 3 roadster. Is triumph a good and dependable bike? Fairly low maintenance? Hoping I can just service myself? Thanks for any feedback you can send my way. Thanks again Brian

Lol...in all seriousness, we may not be the best bunch to ask for an objective opinion. Most love their rockets and would ride nothing else. About the only thing I don't like about them is the dealer network...they are pretty thin on the ground and a lot do them have less than stellar service departments. Other than that it's a great bike that will put a smile on your face every time you get on it

Hello folks. I'm a new member, name is Brian. I live in Lexington KY,and currently I am riding a 1982 yamaha virago 920. I have riden many different bikes, for many years, but I have never owned or ridden a Triumph. I was just hoping to get some feedback from you folks about Triumph in general. I went to my local dealer and have fallen in love with the rocket 3 roadster. Is triumph a good and dependable bike? Fairly low maintenance? Hoping I can just service myself? Thanks for any feedback you can send my way. Thanks again Brian

Yes, I would say that if you are looking at buying a 2014 Roadster you will find that it is a very good motorcycle. Also, a bit of a bargain when you compare the price of what you get for your money.
Like Tex said, the only drawback might be a shortage of dealer networks. If the peg and handlebars fit you then you will find there is no other motorcycle that compares with it. You will love the power and torque.

Awesome bike, rock solid and extended service intervals. Like was said in earlier posts the dealer network is spread out way too thin and service departments leave alot to be desired.

Hey if your mechanically inclined they are easy to work on. dealer stuff said above is pretty accurate. Its been quite a while since I have been to the Lexington Dealer so I am not sure how experienced their mechanics are.

Lol...in all seriousness, we may not be the best bunch to ask for an objective opinion. Most love their rockets and would ride nothing else. About the only thing I don't like about them is the dealer network...they are pretty thin on the ground and a lot do them have less than stellar service departments. Other than that it's a great bike that will put a smile on your face every time you get on it
So True, So True... Especialy the Smile:D

Back