Gearbox Problem

M.J

Supercharged
Ride
Triumph Rocket III 2005/ Triumph Rocket 3 R 2020
My friend who was a Triumph tech wizard at Hinkley before he left to start up on his own,he now sells and deals with all Triumph bikes.Well he has just informed me that the gearbox on the new rockets are having problems,i have not had any probs with mine as yet,but saying that,the clutch tension spring on my 2005 rocket was put in back to front at the factory,and i was not the only one to have this problem,as have posted on here before when the problem became a pest,so my friend took it to his place and new clutch,basket and all new bits,so just be aware there is a problem with a few new rockets

Can your friend offer any specifics? Just hearing “there is a problem” is pretty vague, and impossible to know what to keep an eye out for.

The way this reads is your 2005 had an issue and your buddy is saying your 2020 has the same issue.

How does the 2005 affect the 2020?

Sounds like he means "They ****ed up some older models this way so your newer model could have the same **** up."

How many 2020 rockets with gearbox problems has your friend seen/heard of?
The fellas at Hinkley just happened to mention it to him,so he mentioned it to me,as i have a 2020 R

The way this reads is your 2005 had an issue and your buddy is saying your 2020 has the same issue.

How does the 2005 affect the 2020?

Sounds like he means "They ****ed up some older models this way so your newer model could have the same **** up."
The fellas at Hinkley mentioned it to him so he told me,that it is something to keep an eye on.as i have the 2020R,i just thought i would mention it in case anyone has had a problem so far,nothing to do with my 2005 Rocket,

Back