Gearbox blokking problem

Kievit

Rocket on wheels
Ride
Triumph Rocket touring stripped/customized '11
Guys,
My friend and also rocket owner Jan was recently confronted with a shifting/gearboxproblem.
While driving the bike the gearbox suddenly refused to shift into second gear. At first Jan succeeded in shifting back into neutral but after shifting to 1 again it seems to be impossible to get it out of 1st gear. Whatever he tried....its blokked into 1st gear. The clutch works ...the bike can be pushed forward and backwards. Cardan seems to be oke as well and the engine runs smoothly.
Anybody recognizes this problem? Anybody with an idea....or better still...a solution?

Might be a spring that resets the shifter has come loose. Been known to do that and not hard to fix.

Sounds like the detent spring has broken perhaps. Try searching for detent spring and you may find the help you need.

I think a defect spring should result in a lame small shifting handle? The small shifting handle on the engine seems to be totally blocked ...its not possible to move it forward of backwards.

Oke...let call warp 9.9 to the rescue!...how to contact him in this forum?

Thanks for the replys .
Think Jan has a early touring edition 2007

HY there,
Thanks for the response
It's registered first of september 2007. Directly imported from the UK. First owner did not want to wait for 2008, the official year in The Netherlands.

And a question ofcourse; how can the gearbox being reached? From the underside or via the clutchcover on the front?

Jan.

The only way into the box is to remove the engine from the bike and to split the crankcase, I have never done it but others here have, most recently ROCKET SCIENTIST who has pretty much re-engineered his gearbox. Warp will think about the problem and have further advise no doubt.

Back