Kevin frazier

Widowmaker!
Ride
2008 Triumph rocket 3 touring
id like to share a ttt on gear ratios, alot of us love performance and all things related. Enjoy fellas and gals Over and Under is exactly what my bike feels like.

Last edited:
I skipped through and found over and under. I have ADHD, people talk way too slow, pauses, umms and ahhs, I have a hard time watching video, TV and such.

Good video, makes you think about the what you know and what you think you know.
it explains why a 160hp harley can beat a rocket at the track, our gears seem so long, most bikes use all 5 in a 1/4 mile race where a rocket may be in 4th. i don’t understand the difference of what we have on a rocket compared to example used in video,R-111-R turbo hit on it in his 6th gear he designed, id like to have a 6th but the other 5 need to happen quicker, just tryin to learn about our bikes

it explains why a 160hp harley can beat a rocket at the track, our gears seem so long, most bikes use all 5 in a 1/4 mile race where a rocket may be in 4th. i don’t understand the difference of what we have on a rocket compared to example used in video,R-111-R turbo hit on it in his 6th gear he designed, id like to have a 6th but the other 5 need to happen quicker, just tryin to learn about our bikes
The new Rockets have much closers gear ratios.

Have you tried shifting sooner, to stay in torque curve and get into upper gears sooner. Might not be able to tell by seat of pants but et's would tell if it was beneficial.

shifting sooner drops next gear too far below power band. But will zero in shift points to stay close as possible to max hp range, we will be trying to get that info together at tune to utilize what we’re currently working with. But im looking into future build as in is theyre anything that can be done with gears, with final drive ratio. for now its just try and dial it in best it can be.

shifting sooner drops next gear too far below power band. But will zero in shift points to stay close as possible to max hp range, we will be trying to get that info together at tune to utilize what we’re currently working with. But im looking into future build as in is theyre anything that can be done with gears, with final drive ratio. for now its just try and dial it in best it can be.
I was speaking from experiences from flywheel driven clutches. I had gassers and altered class cars, four speed close ratio trans. with diff. gears from 3.70 's - 4.56 on street and 5.14 - 5.38 - 6.17 on strip. A couple served as family cars back when I was younger. Back then only dragsters, and funny cars were running slipper clutches, high cost and high maintenance. Things have really changed. Still think it relates to hp and ability to put it to track. Doesn't matter how much power you can make, still need to get it to hook up.

Last edited:
Back