Gear indicator options

joesoap

Supercharged
Hi chaps...I own a 05 classic, whats out there worth buying regarding a gear indicator and are they plug and play on the 05??...Links will be very welcome;)

The gipro or something like that was what some were using, I have a 2005standard like yours(classic came out 2006) and a 2011 Roadster which has the gear indicator and I hate it:mad: have never understood why a bike needs a gear indicator:banghead:

th

Shark Leathers here in Oz has just listed some, they ship their stuff in Oz for a flat Au$9 :
Now Au$49.95 was Au$69.95
- Color: Red/Blue
- Display Size:26*24*18mm
- Shows current gear number ; Display can be mounted anywhere
- Indicates current gear from 1 to max of 8. as well as a neutral indicator
- Compatible with all motorbikes,four wheelers,bikes etc. will fit anything with a shift lever
- Red illuminated display will automatically dim at night
- Detects the current gear faster than other gear indicators that use speedometer/tachometer signal

Package Includes
1 X Digital Gear Indicator (RED Colour Display)
1 X Instructional Sheet

Digital gear indicator features:
Shows current gear number Indicates current gear from 1 to max of 8. as well as a neutral indicator. Auto programming compatible with all motorbikes, four wheelers, bikes etc. will fit anything with a shift lever. Red illuminated display will automatically dim at night. Detects the current gear faster than other gear indicators that use speedometer/tachometer signal. Display can be mounted anywhere

HOW IT WORKS?
A small magnet mounted on the gear shift lever moves past the upshift and downshift sensor as shifts occur. The shift signals are then sent to the display, where the current gear number is shown.

WHY DO I NEED GEAR INDICATOR?
How many times do you find yourself trying to upshift on the highway just to find out that you are already in the top gear, or try to downshift only to find out you are already in first gear? How often do you get asked what gear you were in around a tight corner? These are just a few examples of the usefulness of this gear indicator.

Installation guide:
Black cable is for -
Red cable is for +
White cable is for neutral (0)
Yellow cable is for the first sensor cable1,
green cable is for the 2nd sensor cable 1
Blue is for the other cables of sensor 1 and 2 together.

Universal Gear Indicator - Shark Motorcycle Leathers
2_1_10.jpg

3_1_8.jpg

You can also get them on eBay for under Au$10 from China etc but I have seen some posts warning about some of them. I have had a couple of the cheapies for years but have not bothered to fit or try one yet but will research more before I ever do try them cheapies.

Back