Gear for muscular build

MiniSuperDuke

.040 Over
Ride
2016 Rocket
I want to get a new jacket with decent protection in the shoulders and elbows. I have a couple Alpinestar jackets. One is leather, the other is mesh, but they both fit so **** tight. The waist fits good, but the shoulders and arms are too tight. All the Alpinestars fit me like that. Can't wear any of the Italian cuts..way too tight.

Anybody know who makes something that fits a muscular build? I'll gladly spend a tidy sum for something that is quality and fits me good.

I want to get a new jacket with decent protection in the shoulders and elbows. I have a couple Alpinestar jackets. One is leather, the other is mesh, but they both fit so **** tight. The waist fits good, but the shoulders and arms are too tight. All the Alpinestars fit me like that. Can't wear any of the Italian cuts..way too tight.

Anybody know who makes something that fits a muscular build? I'll gladly spend a tidy sum for something that is quality and fits me good.

I now wear Olympia Air Mesh. After two other brands, this is the best so far!
I got mine through Revzilla. Here is the Olympia link:
AIRGLIDE 5 - Noir - S (243-410022)

Nicer problem to have ! ;)
My problem is they fit my arms and chest but not my gut ! :laugh:
Forget the brand's , according to their sizes all motorcycle riders are 5 foot 6inches tall with a maximum of 42inch chest and no more than 12n half stone ! :(

I have a Triumph branded jacket that's a good fit and I'm your average sized Rocket pilot ... (meaning xxxl ) that's if you can get Triumph clothing where you are

Ask @Wrecka ;):D But lots of Adventure type jackets including Triumph ones have fairly large sleeves etc with straps around bicep and forearm to tighten them up if desired. This allows larger persons or extra layers to be worn underneath.

Depending on your chest size World of Triumph UK still have some great bargains on Jackets (up to 63% off), freight can be expensive but if you bundle up some parts and T-shirts ($US5 each currently) the 20% VAT is reduced from quoted price as well for Non EU International customers and maximum freight is £82 for a virtually unlimited amount of stuff including large bike parts and accessories.

Triumph Jacket Sale

e.g.
Triumph Expedition Motorcycle Jacket
Was: £290.83 excluding VAT
Now: £107.50 excluding VAT

I have a few Triumph and other jackets in the largest sizes available and have no problem using the supplied level 1 Knox armour or replacing with level 2 top quality armour.

Including one of these 67% off.
Triumph Mens Endsleigh Motorcycle Jacket Olive Green

Last edited:
Ask @Wrecka ;):D But lots of Adventure type jackets including Triumph ones have fairly large sleeves etc with straps around bicep and forearm to tighten them up if desired. This allows larger persons or extra layers to be worn underneath.

Triumph Jacket Sale

e.g.
Was: £290.83 excluding VAT
Now: £107.50 excluding VAT

FYI regarding the Triumph Expedition jacket above. I bought one from Revzilla (now $199 with free shipping) about a year ago. Really a great jacket (especially at the Closeout price) but the sizing is WAY off. I am 6'0" and 180 pounds and I ordered a Large like I usually do. I couldn't even get it zipped up?!? Sent it back and got a X-Large which fits but quite snug to the point that I can't really layer up under it. There are over 30 reviews on Revzilla on the jacket and the sizing is negatively commented upon in many of the reviews. The arms and shoulders are snug as well and it's not like I lift weights... Some of the other Triumph Adventure types jackets may be looser in the upper torso but i can definitely speak to this particular model. I do love this high quality jacket though and would buy it again...

Yeah I have the 3XL or largest in their numerical sizes in all of the Triumph jackets. You need to check their linked sizing charts as different jacket types have different sizing as well.

I am a corpulent 150Kg+ with fat arms but nothing like Wrecka's guns

Last edited:
Back