Gear changing issues

kiwi Steve

Standard Bore
Parked up 4 weeks ago, no problems. Went for a ride on my 2008 rocket3, 42, 000ks, bike wouldn't stay in gear sometimes, had to change gear 2-4 times before gear would select. Doesn't do it all the time. Any assistance regarding the possible cause of this problem would be greatly welcomed. Bike is coming up for a major service. Cheers, Steve.

Parked up 4 weeks ago, no problems. Went for a ride on my 2008 rocket3, 42, 000ks, bike wouldn't stay in gear sometimes, had to change gear 2-4 times before gear would select. Doesn't do it all the time. Any assistance regarding the possible cause of this problem would be greatly welcomed. Bike is coming up for a major service. Cheers, Steve.
Sounds at least like a detent spring problem. What is the first 6 VIN numbers if I may ask?

What do those numbers tell you Warpo ?
VIN-Decoder-VIN-Number-Explained.gif

In 08 is where the serial number break is for the bikes that have been updated. I am just curious as it was also 08 mostly the touring where the first bout of detents springs started failing.

My 06, manufactured in 05 had broken detent spring problems as well. I think it is luck of the draw as much as anything with them.

Back