GEAR BOX !!!

pete NZ

.020 Over
Ride
2010 roadster
new to this bear with me would you , cheers
ive got the dreaded gearbox issue , however mine only jumps out of 4th @ the magic 2500rpm good and strong in all other gears , replaced Detent spring , no fix however it did make gear selection more crisp (positive) anyone got either a really good idea or a key to the Henckley factory?
Cheers Pete

I had similar symptom to what you've described - my bike momentarily lost drive then the gear would re-engage after I closed the throttle. It's hard to say what it is really but I had a circlip unseat which meant the dog gear disengaged and also forced the sgifting forks to flex hence the loss of drive. once the revs dropped it would pop back in - presumably because the sideways force of the shifting forks.

...A week after it first happened it went bang...I now have a reconstructed trannie...

new to this bear with me would you , cheers
ive got the dreaded gearbox issue , however mine only jumps out of 4th @ the magic 2500rpm good and strong in all other gears , replaced Detent spring , no fix however it did make gear selection more crisp (positive) anyone got either a really good idea or a key to the Henckley factory?
Cheers Pete
@pete NZ I have to ask as I have been gazing at transmission photos. You said you replaced the detent spring, was it Broke? I am asking because you noted how much better she shifted.

I've got the dreaded gearbox issue , however mine only jumps out of 4th @ the magic 2500rpm good and strong in all other gears , replaced Detent spring , no fix however it did make gear selection more crisp (positive)
Cheers Pete

Very sorry to hear, that yet another R3 Owner is having problems :notworthy:
My symptoms were different, but ended up with 3rd and 4th being unobtainable. A shattered 4th gear cog, teeth missing off other gears and a circlip out of place.
It's worth reading through #mr hunt's post (and other's).
Please detail what happens from here on in, as it helps others :thumbsup:
Good Luck!

sorry
@pete NZ I have to ask as I have been gazing at transmission photos. You said you replaced the detent spring, was it Broke? I am asking because you noted how much better she shifted.
about the late rep[y it wasnt broken just abit off skew if you look at the new spring its kind off of-set were as the old one was straight (both hookrd ends lined up ?

Very sorry to hear, that yet another R3 Owner is having problems :notworthy:
My symptoms were different, but ended up with 3rd and 4th being unobtainable. A shattered 4th gear cog, teeth missing off other gears and a circlip out of place.
It's worth reading through #mr hunt's post (and other's).
Please detail what happens from here on in, as it helps others :thumbsup:
Good Luck!
will do cheers for the heads up on mr hunts post

Back