Gauge Problem.

Lenny

.060 Over
Ride
06 Rocket Standard(RIP)
Today after i turned on the bike i noticed that the odometer was very dim...anyway since i used the trip meter everytime i fuel up i went to see how many miles i had done and it reset itself(like when you disconnect the battery,but i havent).

Now everytime i shut off the bike the trip meter reset itself and the odometer its very dim...

Ideas?

Hi Lenny - Check Fuse #3 - it is probably blown
That provides constant power to the instruments to maintain the trip memory when ignition is off
What accessories have you connected? Same fuse feeds accessory socket, Heated Grips connector and clock connector - so possibly something you connected blew the 10A fuse

Last edited:
Thanks Ken, i will check today.....humm interesting though, i haven't connected anything But i do heated grips and the clock.

I will update once i check.

Update...checked all the fuses(box next to the battery, next to ground terminal) and they are All fine....

Any other ideas??

Lenny has your had the updated harness plugs installed? If not you might be having a connection problem maybe you should unplug the harness plugs under the tank and clean them? Do not be alarmed I think the reason Triumph changed them was because they were not moisture resistant (where the wires go into them)
Just a idea as @DEcosse is a electrical genius and when he post there is always something to learn.

Well.....the only change i made was with Decosse relay harness but that was weeks ago and the bike was fine until yesterday. I will unplug/plug everything again and see wassup.

Well.....the only change i made was with Decosse relay harness but that was weeks ago and the bike was fine until yesterday. I will unplug/plug everything again and see wassup.
I did not know you added his gear to it. I would still check the plug connections as the old ones could be corroded screwing with the gauge.

Well.....the only change i made was with Decosse relay harness ...

I did not know you added his gear to it ....

It's my headlight relay bypass harness - irrelevant to the meter circuit.
Are your grips still working Lenny? That confirms power to at least that part.
As @warp9.9 suggests, you should check the connector plug - the upgrade kit did provide a partial replacement for that

I've connected NOTHING to the harness. All my adds (OXFORD heated grips, McCruise, Garmin Nuvi, headlight bypass, so far) have gone to the aux fuse box I installed.

I had that problem along with the gauges not sweeping until after the motor was started. Finally had to replace the gauges. Not cheap.

Back