snicrep

Supercharged
Ride
08 r3 touring
I just ran a couple of tank fulls after installing the ramair. I noticed the gage dropping alot faster. So i filled and refilled to calculate. 27.75 mpg. Its a touring model. Im pretty sure it was somewhere in the 30mpg range b4. This is mostly hwy. 25 mi each way. So i thought WTF! I expected better with better breathing. Already have tors and 20368 tune. But the it hit me. I just started running with the windshield on due to some rain. I dont like the w/s. Its like a speed brake. When its hot (and it usually is here) its too hot. Also even though it has an extention, my head gets buffeted around.
So i ask ..those with windscreens, what is your mileage with and w/o.?
Im going to run a tankfull without and see myself. Id have to fill up every 150 miles. My corolla gets a solid 20mpg. But its not as fun, i know.

I just ran a couple of tank fulls after installing the ramair. I noticed the gage dropping alot faster. So i filled and refilled to calculate. 27.75 mpg. Its a touring model. Im pretty sure it was somewhere in the 30mpg range b4. This is mostly hwy. 25 mi each way. So i thought WTF! I expected better with better breathing. Already have tors and 20368 tune. But the it hit me. I just started running with the windshield on due to some rain. I dont like the w/s. Its like a speed brake. When its hot (and it usually is here) its too hot. Also even though it has an extention, my head gets buffeted around.
So i ask ..those with windscreens, what is your mileage with and w/o.?
Im going to run a tankfull without and see myself. Id have to fill up every 150 miles. My corolla gets a solid 20mpg. But its not as fun, i know.
CORRECTION:My toyota gets 29MPG.

I've got a '17 Roadster so not exactly apples to apples. I run a Triumph windshield, K&N s and TORS w/ Viking crossover and I get about 35 depending on how hard I am on the throttle. Cruising speed and duration have a lot to do w/ economy as well. When I ride w the Harley crew I get closer to 40-42, but they keep it below 65 for the most part.

Fiona, my '14 R3T, got about 36mpg before I gave her a proper tune and D&D slip-ons. Now I'm getting 30mpg with a freeway/city mix (mostly freeway). I've almost always had the windscreen on so I can't compare without. A Rocket is definitely not a bike to ride for gas mileage... not with my wrist at least... Heh!
-MIG

I've got a '17 Roadster so not exactly apples to apples. I run a Triumph windshield, K&N s and TORS w/ Viking crossover and I get about 35 depending on how hard I am on the throttle. Cruising speed and duration have a lot to do w/ economy as well. When I ride w the Harley crew I get closer to 40-42, but they keep it below 65 for the most part.
Sounds about right. You would gain a couple miles to the gallon with the sports screen or fly screen. Thats all I've used for the last three years. No cold weather riding in a while which the screen is good for.

with the barn doors about 25 to 30 depending on responsibility of operator, which 20368 tune did you install, there are 2 can you screen shot the one you loaded

Attachments

• 857EC9AF-1E88-49FD-B135-63843F29D588.jpeg
    857EC9AF-1E88-49FD-B135-63843F29D588.jpeg
    654.1 KB · Views: 13
Well ive been doing 75-85. Its hard not to.

Back