gas charged rear suspension

dracul

Turbocharged
Colorado, New Mexico, in my heart...Hawaii
Penske or Ohlins? Neither make stock shocks for the R3; I would need to send them my OE shocks for either to fabricate customs. Looking for the best rear shocks I can put on my beast. Progressives are OK but better are out there. Several of you have deep experience in this area. Please advise.

how about some air shocks then you can pump them up:D just kiddin you can prolabely use any shocks that you want just make sure that the bolt holes are the same size and they are the lenth that you want. when you modify your bike or any thing else for that matter you use what works. not just what some book says fits .

I agree....theres got to be an Ohlin or such that will fit from stock.....just grab a catalog and look at the specs versus the stock specs and what you want to achieve (lower or higher seat position, rough or squishy ride, handling)......post up what you find.....maybe an alternative to progressive will be found ;)

mutt

No experience with Penske, but I can vouch for Ohlins. I have had Ohlins on my last two BMWs and there's a reason they're standard equipment on the top of the line Ducatis. In my opinion they're definitely worth the money.

Shouldn't have to make anything custom for the R3, the rear shocks are probably the most industry generic parts on the whole bike. Ohlins sound like a nice choice ... a nice expensive choice. LOL

Seriously though, I bet those would make for a sweet ride.

howard from MOTORCYCLE METAL, deals with ohlins and will build you a set for whatever weight you want to support for whatever length you require. he's a forum sponsor in the harley davidson forum. i only capitalized the motorcycle metal because i don't know how to copy a web address in here. he's got about the best price you'll find too.

howard from MOTORCYCLE METAL, deals with ohlins and will build you a set for whatever weight you want to support for whatever length you require. he's a forum sponsor in the harley davidson forum. i only capitalized the motorcycle metal because i don't know how to copy a web address in here. he's got about the best price you'll find too.

Thanks for the lead. Just what I was after. I sent them an E-mail.

Penske or Ohlins? Neither make stock shocks for the R3; I would need to send them my OE shocks for either to fabricate customs. Looking for the best rear shocks I can put on my beast. Progressives are OK but better are out there. Several of you have deep experience in this area. Please advise.

wilberg of germany specislize in shocks for the R3 in fact most german R3 are equipped with wilbergs front and rear I saw that last summer at the bad bruckenau R3 meet. and I rode one such R3 and the difference was day and night with the OEM shocks, so I bought a set for myself I believe some US bike shops do import these shocks in the USA well worth the search on the net

Have you looked at Hagon nitros ?

do you have some doug ? i've been looking lately but have'nt read any independant reviews. i know just about anything has got to be better than stock but none of them are exactly cheap to experiment with.:(

Back