Garmin Zumo at COSTCO

Navigator

Living Legend
Ride
2009 Rocket Touring
This is just one of those information posts. I was putzing around the web trying to get information on GPS for bikes and this popped up. It is a Garmin zumo 450 with handlebar mount and sold at COSTCO for $350. This is the first time I have seen any motorcycle specialty gear or accessories at this store. The price seems right to me because the last time I was seriously considering one of these for motorcycle touring, they were upwards of $700.

Cripes, long link. I just copied and pasted it. I hope it works.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.as ... opnav=&s=1

WOW that is a deal. Hey AussieBiker Dave, want to get a few more of these? With the exchange rate and all you could get them for stocking stuffers!

I reread the product description and it appears it does not take a direct power source but rather has a "removable rechargeable lithium-ion battery" with a four hour battery life. This could just be stated incorrectly. I can't imagine what use a GPS would be that could be used for only four hours at a time before having to remove the battery. I am going to look into this more closely, including a visit to COSTCO. This one does everything I need, actually more, and the cost is right.

The "resetable fuel gauge" has me curious. Now just what is that all about?

A trip odometer that counts down from a mileage you tell it. Maybe this is the same as mine, but repackaged for Costco without the Mount and Wiring ("available at additional cost?") Mine was a TON more than this, but came with EVERYTHING. The handlebar mount, software and the wiring harness. Really love it. (My THIRD GPS and first one that ever was worth the money, and I paid 3X more for it than any of the others.) Not sure if I paid extra to get a car kit also. I do have the Cigarette adapter and windshield mount as well. Really owe Ogre a big thank you for spurring me to finally buy the right one. He had the F.A.S.T. route on the computer, but I could not open the map, until I took the plunge and bought the real deal.

Yeah, the EVERYTHING Garman 550 model that Turbo and I have went for $660 on amazon.com 1 1/2 years ago... Love it... Make sure Costco is giving you the car mount, motorcycle mount, brackets, USB cable, mapping program CD, etc...

Mike....

My own signature is to remind me to edit first post later, sorry. Yes I have the 550, not the 450, and I see the advertisement you linked states the difference is the Blue Tooth, and XM which I don't use, Otherwise you do get the motorcycle mount, wiring and a really great tool. I recommend it completely.

CaptainCaeruleus said:
Yeah, the EVERYTHING Garman 550 model that Turbo and I have went for $660 on amazon.com 1 1/2 years ago... Love it... Make sure Costco is giving you the car mount, motorcycle mount, brackets, USB cable, mapping program CD, etc...

Mike....

I just read it again (for the 4th time) and it doesn't list any of these except the universal motorcycle mount. I am really wondering about the power cable. I am going to do a web search to see if I can find any more information. Like Doc, I'll never use Bluetooth or XM. I have XM in my truck in barely used it on my drive to Texas.

Gasket:

Check to see if the 450 is weather proof and vibration free and
suitable for motorcycles. The 550 is specific for motorcycles.
Garman is probably one of the best service companys 'I have delt
with. After two years and about 30,000 miles, I had a problem. I
sent it back,per Garman, and they sent me a new one no charge.
My buddy had one for 6 months and had a minor problem and he
received a new one.
The difference in price is worth it for the 550.

Back