FYI - Regarding My R3R Dynos

1olbull

Riding Motor Since 1950
Ride
2012 R3R "Kong" - 2011 R3R "YurMama"
I finally have dynoed with my RamAir versus Trip K&Ns. :rolleyes:

Nels says there was noticeable air improvement with the RamAir over the K&N 2780s and he had to add fuel. He was surprised the results were not better from the last Dyno and feels it was likely the very hot and humid weather we had Thursday. He did get me 4 more HP from what I came in with (CES / K&N tune). :thumbsup: :D

Kong now runs strong or stronger than ever, perhaps more than before, however, I don't trust my butt dyno as it's likely injected with my wishful thinking. :roll: :oops:

#1 with TORs & Trip K&N 2780s - 2014
#2 with CES & Trip 2780s - 2015
#3 with CES & RamAir - 2016

1olbull 2014 R3R Dyno_1.jpg 1olbull-2015-R3R-Dyno_2.jpg 1olbull-2016-R3R-Dyno_3.jpg

Last edited:
those days of 160hp are a distant memory ....:rolleyes::p:thumbsup:

Tony,
I did get 161 awhile back from Nels, but it was from the dyno in his travel trailer.
The three I posted are from his newest dyno in his new shop.
As variable as dyno readings are, I do not give much regard to 5 mph differences.

Last edited:
I finally have dynoed with my RamAir versus Trip K&Ns. :rolleyes:

Nels says there was noticeable air improvement with the RamAir over the K&N 2780s and he had to add fuel. He was surprised the results were not better from the last Dyno and feels it was likely the very hot and humid weather we had Thursday. He did get me 4 more HP from what I came in with (CES / K&N tune). :thumbsup: :D

Kong now runs strong or stronger than ever, perhaps more than before, however, I don't trust my butt dyno as it's likely injected with my wishful thinking. :roll: :oops:

#1 with TORs & Trip K&N 2780s - 2014
#2 with CES & Trip 2780s - 2015
#3 with CES & RamAir - 2016

1olbull 2014 R3R Dyno_1.jpg
Thanks for posting. Can you explain what happened to the torque curve in #3? Maybe it's 2 different runs with just the HP curves plotted?

#1 and #2 torque curves look normal.

Thanks for posting. Can you explain what happened to the torque curve in #3? Maybe it's 2 different runs with just the HP curves plotted?
#1 and #2 torque curves look normal.

Good catch!
Don't know what happened . . . those graph lines are faint so I re-did it and re-posted.
#3 now shows the torque lines.

3rd graph looks very close to what My bike puts out with CES and Ramair. My hp and torque peaked a bit over 161. With a torque curve above 150 from 2500 to over 5000 rpm with that same little dip in the mid rev range.

Huh, guess the foam and the "velocity stack" type setup internally in the Ramair does good things when it comes to moving air in. And the mk 2 variant mostly even stays in one piece on the bike if you don't overtighten! :thumbsup:

I'm going to have to put mine on the local dyno. It seems to be running a tad bit lean as well, so more fuel in there and more powerrrr.

Good catch!
Don't know what happened . . . those graph lines are faint so I re-did it and re-posted.
#3 now shows the torque lines.
Thanks for re-posting #3. Makes perfect sense now. I hope I can find a dyno and tuner soon to see what my combination is yielding. I'll be sure to post when I do.

Thanks again.

Back