mad_viking

Standard Bore
Ride
Yamaha Roadstar
Hi there, I joined because I'm looking to get a Rocket for next season. I'm from Ontario, Canada. Been riding for a long time, gone through many different bikes but never owned a Triumph. Currently ride a Yamaha Roadstar. So my first question would be what know issues should I be looking for before I buy one.

2015 Rocket X 48,000 miles and no issues. Runs better now then when new. Mine was assembled on a Tuesday or Wednesday. :D:D:D:D:D Don't buy one that was assembled on a Monday or Friday. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Transmission problems with those days.

Welcome...I was like you a few years back but i had owned Trumpys b4.
I wanted a Rocket and so started reading. My thoughts were a "Roadster" rather than a "Tourer" based on my style of riding, looks of the bike etc.
I found a 2014 which suited me cos it was late model, most of the bugs should be ironed out, and also it had only 9000kms on the clock. I bought it for what i thought was a great price and rode her home in the rain...about 1 1/2 hrs.
Over the next wee while i spent alot of coin on bits to "make it mine' and of course reading and asking questions on this forum helped big time!
My plan was to keep it til i had around 19000kms on the clock and flick it so i could get a brand new Roadster. I did this and took delivery of my 2016 the day b4 xmas at the end of 2016.
My advice to you is work out which bike you prefer based on what rides you like to do...read alot to cover your thoughts. There is absolute heaps of stuff you can add to these bikes to make it fit you...the power can be lifted and smoothed out if thats what you want, bags added, bars, grips, seats etc....you gonna love this bike.
Hope this helps...cheers Tal.

Hi and welcome from the UK. Any bike you look at will have it,s good and bad some will experience them some won,t. Luck of the draw really. You can only do what you would do when buying anything get the best deal for your budget,get as munch info as poss this forum is the best place for that.Then i think the only other problem you got is you don't own one yet:D don't think you will be disappointed.Good luck in your search any questions you only have to ask:thumbsup: oh yea pictures once purchased it's the rules:laugh:

I bought mine brand new and it blew an indicator globe and lens screw disappeared before I'd even got it home. After 1 month it looked like a rat bike, after 1 year it ran like a rat bike, after 1 track day it had no pegs left and warped brake rotors, after 5 track days it had no gears left or horn or left light or function RHS mirror or rear brake light or working thermo fan or horn cover....i am an irresponsible Rocket owner ....:oops:

Back