Future Rocket owner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself !!' started by mad_viking, Oct 12, 2018 at 11:38 AM.

Tags:
  1. mad_viking

mad_vikingStandard Bore

Canada
    Ride:
    Yamaha Roadstar
    Hi there, I joined because I'm looking to get a Rocket for next season. I'm from Ontario, Canada. Been riding for a long time, gone through many different bikes but never owned a Triumph. Currently ride a Yamaha Roadstar. So my first question would be what know issues should I be looking for before I buy one.

2. Stillserving

Stillserving.060 Over

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    86' Magna, 2017 R3R
    Check out the "common issues" forum and read up. Depends on what year/year range you're looking to buy. Different year spans had different issues per se.

3. sonny

sonnyLiving Legend

Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    rocket three x
    2015 Rocket X 48,000 miles and no issues. Runs better now then when new. Mine was assembled on a Tuesday or Wednesday. :D:D:D:D:D Don't buy one that was assembled on a Monday or Friday. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Transmission problems with those days.

4. Mike188

Mike188Top Fuel

Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    Matt Black 2012 R3R
  5. Fingers

FingersLiving Legend

Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2015 R3T
    Welcome from Florida

6. Tal

TalTop Fuel

Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Ride:
    2016 Triumph Rocket Roadster ABS A2
    Welcome...I was like you a few years back but i had owned Trumpys b4.
    I wanted a Rocket and so started reading. My thoughts were a "Roadster" rather than a "Tourer" based on my style of riding, looks of the bike etc.
    I found a 2014 which suited me cos it was late model, most of the bugs should be ironed out, and also it had only 9000kms on the clock. I bought it for what i thought was a great price and rode her home in the rain...about 1 1/2 hrs.
    Over the next wee while i spent alot of coin on bits to "make it mine' and of course reading and asking questions on this forum helped big time!
    My plan was to keep it til i had around 19000kms on the clock and flick it so i could get a brand new Roadster. I did this and took delivery of my 2016 the day b4 xmas at the end of 2016.
    My advice to you is work out which bike you prefer based on what rides you like to do...read alot to cover your thoughts. There is absolute heaps of stuff you can add to these bikes to make it fit you...the power can be lifted and smoothed out if thats what you want, bags added, bars, grips, seats etc....you gonna love this bike.
    Hope this helps...cheers Tal.

thorin likes this.
  7. thorin

thorinOwner of Goliath, the giant motorcycle

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2005 Triumph Rocket III
    Welcome from Colorado!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice