firestetz

.020 Over
Ride
R3
Hi everyone,

First off I'm new to the site and don't own a rocket yet but plan on buying one early next year. Right now I'm curious about any issues or anything I should look out for when I do purchase my beast.

The reasons I want an r3t are, there are none in my area (probably because the nearest dealer is 150 miles away), I'm looking to start taking longer trips so I'm looking for a powerful yet comfortable bager and both Harley and Honda are over done here not to dismiss over priced, want something I can strip down easily for my daily drive of 20 miles round trip to work, and something that the wife might be more comfortable on she doesn't care for the feel of the old v65s.

I plan on buying new for the warranty but my only hangups are the distance to my dealer and lack of a dealer network, I am however a pretty good wrench on my own but bikes are not my forte but getting better. My other hangup is when I went to look at one about a month ago the salesman I talked to even though he was a nice guy admitted he knew nothing about the bike and was worried more about selling BMW than triumph, in fact I was answering some of his questions from the research I've been doing.

The other thing I would like to know is how the 180 rear would hold up to performance boosting at least to the power of the r3r possibly more.

I plan on test riding one next month but I'm almost certain that it is what I want.

firestetz,
Most of the "issues" have been worked out.
They are dependable bikes.
Not the best for comfort, but that can be fixed.
Not the most luxurious for touring, but that can be fixed.
But dependable, yes.
Fast, yes.
unique, yes.
welcome to the site.
Where ya at in Louisiana?

I have a 2010 with 15000 trouble free miles, I find it very comfortable for long distances.

The 180 rear tire is not a problem with increased power. Of course you can overpower it but as long as you don't whack the throttle wide open while leaned over, its just fine. I have found Avon tires are a bit stickier than the stock Metzlers and perform a bit better, but with reduced mileage. Interestingly many report that the Standard/Classic/Roadster 240 rear tires behave just the opposite with the Metzler being a bit sticker.

Welcome to the forum. You can worry less about reliability and start worrying about liability (like in law enforcement and your ability to regulate the right grip with all the monstrous torque on tap at every rpm.)

You are going to take one for a test ride....... I made that mistake once and I wasnt even looking for a bike at the time.

Enjoy your new ride!!!

Welcome firestetz from Perth W.A.
If your looking for Raw Hang On Power add a GiPro+ATRE then you will grin from ear to ear :D
Dis-advantage... you will make more mods and then really Hang On :cool:

Back