Fun with LED lights

ricochet

Rocket Captain
Ride
2012 Rocket III Roadster
I don't have a lot of money to spend on things these days... so I just had my own fun by playing with these LED strips I bought off of some different places online.

Now in case some of you didn't know, there are many different types of LED's on the market... just a couple of examples

led-5050-vs-3528.jpg

So I ordered up a bunch of different strips with different lights to see which ones I liked best

photo 1 (1).JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3 (1).JPG
photo 4 (1).JPG

After deciding that I liked the 5630 lights the best (3rd set from the top) I went ahead and installed onto the top of my bikes RAD so I can get that cool Audi / Mercedes / VW day time running light LED strip that I like.

Much more noticeable during the day then regular head lights which are kind of dull and yellow during the day. At nighttime, these lights are visible really easily! They really are quite blinding if you look at them straight on.. during the day they are very easily seen.

I installed the lights by wiring it into my FZ1 fusebox so its switched with the ignition. Works great!

photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 5.JPG

Likely gonna be a PIA to clean bugs and road grime offa.
Just sayin' . . .

I like it! Thought about something similar last year, but was advised there were a lot of legal issues to worry about here with them. Then again, I was looking at colors ;)

I like it! Thought about something similar last year, but was advised there were a lot of legal issues to worry about here with them. Then again, I was looking at colors ;)

Nothing wrong with adding white light to the front of a vehicle... Colors are a no no where I come from as well. Although it would be fun!

Likely gonna be a PIA to clean bugs and road grime offa.
Just sayin' . . .

I'll let you know after a few weeks... But I doubt it. The LED' strip is completely waterproof, its like it has a dome of plastic around it.. nothing more then a wipe and it will be clean!

I would consider it , unfortunately i have a mate who owns a Kwakka custom that is riddled with underneath LED's and i pull the piss out of him callig it " The low flying Japanese UFO"

I would consider it , unfortunately i have a mate who owns a Kwakka custom that is riddled with underneath LED's and i pull the piss out of him callig it " The low flying Japanese UFO"

Yeah thats not my style, I dont like putting tons of LED's on my bike and having them change in disco colors... thats definitely not going to fit with the Rocket... maybe some other type of bike.

Dig it because it's eye grabbing but not arresting. It looks cool, increases your visible profile, but isn't obnoxious.

Back