Fun Ride Turns To Tragedy - Prayers Needed.

Idaho Red Rocket 3

Living Legend
Ride
2006 RIII Standard Bagger w/Fairing
A small number of Triumph riders who are friends and acquaintances met yesterday for a daylong fun ride. The day began normally as we met for breakfast then off for the ride. The ride went well as we proceeded on the planned route of leg 1. We met up with a few more friends at our first stop. Enjoyed the camaraderie for a bit then set off on leg number 2. We stopped for lunch at the end of leg 2. Lunch was fun as the place was crowded and we had to wait in line to get our meals. We had plenty of time to chat and tell stories. After lunch we fueled up for our third leg out into the mountains. Traffic had been heavy on leg 2, but leg 3 was nary a vehicle in sight. It was refreshing to have the road almost to ourselves. We proceeded into the mountains at a leisurely pace as the first part is rather docile and straight. When we got to the curvy part a little fun broke out but nothing crazy as we are mostly old guys on cruisers and standard bikes. Things went very well for about 17 miles. Suddenly one of our riders misjudged a curve and lost control of his bike. He fell off his bike and slid across the road on his butt into the opposite direction's lane. Despite the fact that the traffic had been very light, it just so happened at that exact moment one of the very few vehicles going the other way was right there. Sadly he was run over by a full size Dodge Ram p/u truck and killed instantly. His name is Wayne. Wayne has a wife, grown Kids and grand kids. He was a very healthy man in his early 70s. Wayne always had a smile on his face and a happy word in his mouth. I can't ever remember hearing a curse word come out of him. He was well liked by all. Wayne was a lifelong motorcycle enthusiast with many bikes in his stable.

Please pray for Wayne's family and friends. Also the riders on yesterdays ride. We are shaken up and are dealing with our emotional distress as well. And remember the innocent driver of the p/u truck too. I have been where he is right now and know how that position feels, It is just as devastating.

On behalf of all involved, Thank You for your prayers. Bill.

What a terrible accident, I hope all of you get through this OK. Thoughts out to Wayne's family and friends, it sounds like the goodness in the world was diminished a little bit today.

bob

Bill,
So sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, Wayne.
You and his family shall be in my thoughts.

Very sorry to hear, sounds like Wayne got to live a very happy and full filling life with lots of lovely people to keep his memory alive and took the final journey doing what he loved .

Yep a life well lived by the sound of it .. sad but then again he died doing what he obviously loved , we all should be so fortunate .

Back