Azisbest

Turbocharged
Ride
2020 GT
Just got back from the 2017 Rocky Point (Puerto Penasco) Rally in Mexico. If you ever get the chance put it on your schedule. Pure madness, lol. Live bands in the bars, on the street, and in the public square. Women flashing (better than Burbon Street!), bike shows, burnouts, everything one would want in a rally. Some say it is like a mini Sturgis but without the overwhelming police presence. While the local cops are around they don't mess with the rally goers unless some form of disturbance occurs. No need to worry about having a beer while walking down the street. There is a tremendous mix of bike clubs, ethnic groups, and folks from both sides of the border and I did not witness even one bit of confrontation among the rally goers. Just camaraderie amongst we who love two (or even three) wheels. What a hoot!

IMG_3161.JPG
Glad you had fun. that is on the back burner for me, it will happen one of these years:)
any pics?
Along with the pic you get my tale of woe. After shooting this one pic I was attempting to take a pic of a young female person with bountiful assets and the willingness to share them, sans clothing, with the assembled masses. Unfortunately, all I got was the message so evilly perpatrated by the evil empire known as the Apple Corporation: "Cannot take a photo, you are out of memory". So this is my one and only photo of the event. Curse you Apple.

From what I've read it's usually the cops you have to worry about :eek:
I too have heard of that happening but not so at the rally. I think so many folks come from north of the border and bring their precious dollars with them that the police are hands off. Heck I dont think we even stopped at stop sign unless the traffice required it. We had no problems whatsoever even with all the partying going on. Not from the police or even from the diverse biker clubs present. No one want a confrontation that might end with you visiting a Mexican jail for who knows how long.

A friend of mine who regrets that I have replaced my Indian RM (he owns one) by a 2020 R3, sent me this nice welcome to British bikes...:D

WHAT, you've bought a British bike ?

- Have you thought of oil leaks ? (ref.: First Bad News )

- Threads of sh.t ?

- Have you thought of monthly recalls ?

- Have you thought of the Brexit ?

upload_2020-2-27_18-11-57.png

I too have heard of that happening but not so at the rally. I think so many folks come from north of the border and bring their precious dollars with them that the police are hands off. Heck I dont think we even stopped at stop sign unless the traffice required it. We had no problems whatsoever even with all the partying going on. Not from the police or even from the diverse biker clubs present. No one want a confrontation that might end with you visiting a Mexican jail for who knows how long.

My experience in Mexico is that it's whoever gets there first, stop signs aren't even considered a suggestion, but the many speed bumps are something you better pay close attention to.

Back