Full throttle hiccup?

Tripps

Retired superhero
Ride
R3T,Sprintona,K1200GT, Blackbird,r/65 hack
So in the last 2 weeks, my Carpentered Touring has developed a weird hiccup or burp, only at full throttle, and higher rpms. I can't seem to catch exactly where it is, but it's where it really starts to scream, maybe 5500-6000 rpm. It starts fine, idles fine, runs through all the gears perfectly fine. But at wide open throttle, it bucks, for lack of a better word, and keeps going, it's just a split second, but under that much acceleration you really feel the "kick", then it continues pulling fine. Any ideas, anyone?

Possibly loose coil connectors that momentarily lose contact when you get on those cams. If so, they simply require recrimping and a blob of dielectric grease. Could also be something fouling with the intake of air at that speed/throttle setting.

Otherwise, call Bob and ask him what he thinks!

how old is your TPS as they can develop a flat spot if you spend a bit of time at that throttle setting I had one do that checked everything else before trying it by putting a new one in after it tested ok but while connected to to my PCV via laptop noticed a flutter in the TPS screen at that point

Both of the above only check the low tension leads on the coils first as it cost nothing to clean and re-crimp them. Pictured below
green abd brown wires all three coils.
2011_0122_161942.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try them. I have a new TPS sensor that I bought when I had idle issues, but corrected with TuneECU and adjustment, so I never installed.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try them. I have a new TPS sensor that I bought when I had idle issues, but corrected with TuneECU and adjustment, so I never installed.
I had one on the shelve "just incase" glad I did and will get another next Time I order some parts

When was the last time you checked the splines in your driveshaft to final drive?

Whenever I change the tire. It was fine last time, I would say that no way could that slip and catch again, much less 10 times, I think any failure would be catastrophic.

Back