Full power program vs. original mufflers

Willtill

Nitrous
It may run rich if you do that, if the ECU does contain a modified tune for full power. What intake setup are you running? Is the OEM underseat filter and air intake tract intact?.

Get Tuneboy or TuneEcu (free) and install one of the OEM tunes into the ECU for your Rocket model... Or take it to a Triumph shop and have them do it for you.

Sam,
Welcome to the site.
Been a member for quite awhile I see,
but since this is the first time you've poked your head out,
A Welcome is still in order.
Next thing,
the guy you bought it from may have put TOR's pipes on it
if it still looks stock just sounds louder than stock.
probably put a catalic converter eliminator on it too,
then remapped it at the Triumph dealer.
IF that's what ya got, and you want stock, but don't have it,
I'll send the 3 stock pipes and cat box to you for just the shipping cost.

Welcome Sammy:wink: Easiest thing to do is get the dealer to put the stock tune back if you re-equip with stock parts) the dealers can't do much tuning wise, but have a couple of official Triumph preselected tune options available to plug in.
Tuneboy, Tuneecu are the afternarket programs to go for , for folks who wanna individually tweak,tune, service & optimise their own machines.Most likely irrelevant for what you appear to want.

Great to have your first post. Welcome.

First things first, where are you? It makes a big difference. In the United States, excluding California (not such a bad idea anyway), 2006 and earlier models did not come with a true catalytic converter. The "cat box" is simply a heavy piece of metal that gave the appearance of a true cat. California models had a true cat box. I can't speak about models that went to other countries.

Below are the stock Triumph tunes posted on the www.tuneecu.com site. Yours is probably one of these.
Rocket III All VIN's / Keihin ECU
20222Map.hex OEMmd5checksum
Use with production silencer with catalyst. Fuel up to E10. Minimum 95 RON (89 RON/MON) fuel.
20227Map.hex OEMmd5checksum
Use with production silencer. Full power without catalyst. Fuel up to E10.Minimum 95 RON (89 RON/MON)fuel.
20223Map.hex OEMmd5checksum
Use with production silencer. 78.1kW restricted for French market. Fuel up to E10. Minimum 95 RON (89 RON/MON) fuel.
20224Map.hex OEMmd5checksum
Use with production silencer. 72.1kW restricted for German market. Fuel up to E10. Minimum 95 RON (89 RON/MON)fuel.
20225Map.hex OEMmd5checksum
Use with aftermarket silencers with catalyst. Fuel up to E10. Minimum 95 RON (89 RON/MON) fuel.
20228Map.hex OEMmd5checksum
Use with aftermarket silencers without catalyst. Fuel up to E10. Minimum 95 RON (89 RON/MON) fuel.
20226Map.hex OEMmd5checksum
Use with aftermarket silencers with catbox removed. Fuel up to E10. Minimum 95 RON (89 RON/MON) fuel.

Come to Queensland! the weather's a helluva lot better, )

So just how bad is Finland?? :eek:

cyclones-eastern.png

Thanks to everyone!
Well, I'm from Finland, so I'm not sure how those tunes would fit into my bike. And I don't even know how to install them :)
As far as I know, intake and filter are untouched.
Thank you very much Xhdskip, but original catalysator (not california model) and stock mufflers came with the bike.
I like the sound now, but police doesn't. They started to harass bikers here in Finland last spring, and measured noise must match the decibels marked for that bike. If you exceed the limit even by 3 decibels, you get penalty charge or worse... Nice cops here.
I think I'll put original parts back and take the bike to Triumph dealer for reprogramming, because I have to have bike checked anyway...

Sammy if the Police are that bad over there then I must say what your doing is probably the best course of action. You could fart around and add some mor epower to her but for right now not paying the cops salary is the smart thing to do. Later on when you get mroe comfortable with playing with the ecu you vpould find a larger free flowing exhaust can that still has a good quiet baffle and then go from there. LAter on you could do a few things withthe ecu to spunk her up a little bit like open the secondary's and put some of the timing that has been reduced in the lower gear back into her without changing the pipes. You can tell if the cat box is empty by weighing it. If it weighs 12.72 pounds it is the empty one. Another thought is to try the cat delete/ bypass withthe stock mufflers. it does not get much louder and might pass the noise control test.
Either way I rememebr when mine was stock its still a pretty spunky bike.

Back