Kevin frazier

Widowmaker!
Ride
2008 Triumph rocket 3 touring
Its not a common issue, but we've seen one bike burn up, rider survived, burnt but gonna be ok. Another report of multiple spills, on same bike at same station using same technique, we should not be using the autofill feature of a fuel pump, not gonna argue was, or wasnt using this feature, its all legal after burning down and nobody is gonna say, the sensor the tab didnt click off. The point of this thread it’s obvious that it should be said, because it's happening, be extremely mindful and be 100-0 when fueling, we cannot have a mistake when fueling, ever.

Its not a common issue, but weve seen 1 bike burn up, rider survived, burnt but gonna be ok. Another report of multiple spills, on same bike at same station using same technique, we should not be using the autofill feature of a fuel pump, not gonna argue was, or wasnt using this feature, its all legal after burning down and nobody is gonna say, the sensor the tab didnt click off. The point of this thread it’s obvious that it should be said, because its happening, be extremely mindful and be 100-0 when fueling, we cannot have a mistake when fueling, ever.
Yes Dad........:(:(:(:(I won't do it again........🤥🤥🤥

Interesting, I almost never get off the bike while fueling, never thought about it. Easier on my knees, and it only takes a minute to pump 4 gallons.

Interesting, I almost never get off the bike while fueling, never thought about it. Easier on my knees, and it only takes a minute to pump 4 gallons.
I'm the same way I fill up while I'm on the bike. I may park far enough away that I have to get off to get the pump ready but then I get back on it stand the bike up straight and fill it never using auto shut off. And most important always paying attention to the nozzle. If a pretty girl walks by I stop pumping take in the view safely:) then return to filling the bike up.

Thanks for the safety advice Kevin. I’m never on the bike, watch the nozzle the whole time and never use the auto shut off on the pump. My helmet is off though to aid watching and listening to the fill process. You can hear the flow and the sound of a nearly full tank.

I'm the same way I fill up while I'm on the bike. I may park far enough away that I have to get off to get the pump ready but then I get back on it stand the bike up straight and fill it never using auto shut off. And most important always paying attention to the nozzle. If a pretty girl walks by I stop pumping take in the view safely:) then return to filling the bike up.
A guy I knew ran a Georgia buggy full of concrete off a second floor checking out a pretty girl.

For what it's worth
I stay on the bike and modulate flow manually, usually by half, never take my eye off the tank opening.
Pumps at my favorite station click off multiple times during a fill, even though I feather the flow the whole time.
They are very touchy. All the pumps I've used in my state are the same way.

Back