Fuel Tank Badges

..if ya take 'em off, there will be two small holes in the tank where the 'pins' on the back side of the emblems are holding them onto the tank..unless you're gonna fill the holes and have the tank painted, the tank probably looks better with them on...I'll send ya a pic of an old tank with them off if ya want, then you can judge for yourself..

Sorry to give you bad news, but my body shop guy said he could remove them & then replace them. They are bent and they dont stick anymore, and the hair dryer thing didnt work for me, maybe I'm a dimwit, but I am also a cynic. I can tell you that on my Honda VTX, we take off the badges with dental floss. Gently slide it under the badge and the sticky tape thing and wiggle back and forth as if your flossing.
Good luck, take your time, could work out for you with some patience. They are expensive so its worth doing it right to salvage them. :)
PS. I've been giving some thought to having the Triumph Badge 'painted' on the tank....Saw it done on an old Triumph, it was very cool... cant find the **** painters name anymore....grrr

Back