joey fletcher

My Son's Bike
Ride
Recliner
Since I did the install of Jardine pipes, Triple K&N's and Wayne Tripps Tune my mileage is 29.2 MPG.
I have ran 5 tanks of fuel in my Ol'Girl...80% of riding is on the interstate. I did not buy the Ol'Girl for fuel mileage so not an issue.

Just wondering what everyone else is getting???

Yes....I know the 3 main things guys lie about....Money....SEX....and Fuel Mileage:D:D

Since I did the install of Jardine pipes, Triple K&N's and Wayne Tripps Tune my mileage is 29.2 MPG.
I have ran 5 tanks of fuel in my Ol'Girl...80% of riding is on the interstate. I did not buy the Ol'Girl for fuel mileage so not an issue.

Yes....I know the 3 main things guys lie about....Money....SEX....and Fuel Mileage:D:D

Joey this can be fixed some. You just have to figure out what areas you cruise in and lean out the fuel or fuel ratio the ecu uses for calculations. The same could be done with PCV and autotune.
Also your mileage would improve if you go to a larger rear tire. Then the rpms would drop at cruise speed.

Oh and Merry Christmas:D

That is pretty low. Stock at 80-90 mph on long trips I got about 33-35 mpg. It seems to be about the same with the Carpenter build although I've not calculated it for real.

I am trying hard to find another rear wheel for my Rocket so I can mount a 240x50x 16 M/C tire. Or even try a Bridgestone 240x55x16.

I think it would be awesome to be able to switch back and forth depending on the type of ride.

Scott I was sure I would get a reply about posting about the race that a group of us ran awhile back on our Rockets..

After the Race was over...I was so happy:D... and excited I finishing Second :D

On the the other hand.....I was so sad for you:(...Scott for finishing..Next to Last:(

:p:p:p

Merry Christmas Scott to you and yours and Thank you for all you have done to help me with my Rocket upgrades.

Your New Friend
Joey Fletcher

Zen

Scott and I have figured out that the reason my fuel mileage is so low is the rear tire. I am running on my bike. I am running a Goodyear F1 Eagle GS-D3 225x50x16.
The diameter of this tire is much smaller than the stock M/C tire that came on the bike. This tire has been on my Rocket since 2007 and I have yet to scuff the sidewalls of this tire
I do not have a clue as to how many times I have ran the Dragon...It is only 4 easy hrs from my front door. However I have scrapped the lower frame as to ruin 2 brake lines and on my 3rd set if foot peg feelers. I have a new brake line waiting to go on the Rocket before I go to the dragon again..

With the new pipes, filters and tune plus a 0.0 set in the speedo thingie...I am running closer to the correct speed according to my GPS
At 3000 RPM I am running 72 mph as per the GPS....and 75 mph per the speedo.

The Race thing is for you to Mr Mexican:p;)

Back