craigmpak

.020 Over
I just purchased a 2007 R3 and love it ... problem is my fuel light does not come on ! The light does come on right after turning the key on but will not come on when low on fuel. I lifted the tank and everything looks ok. (punplugged and replugged connector) Is it possible to see the float in the tank? I'm just looking for any tips or tricks so i dont have to rip the bottom of the tank apart. Thanks !

Craig

It's possible to reinstall the fuel sender with the float arm not properly in the slot of the switch...you'd need to pull the sender to remedy that though. Dealer did that to me once. It's not a big deal to pull the sender out and check - I couldn't see the problem from the filler cap. It's also possible that it's just out of adjustment. How low have you let the fuel get? Check out the online service manual here on the site for a pictorial of the sender - about 6 or 8 screws as I recall.

if you've let it get close to 200 miles an still no light,
I'd either take the tank off and fix it,
or just use the odometer.
You're lucky, most of us have the light come on way to early
and have to take the tank off to bend the float down so it DOESN'T come on as much.
Rejoice in your misfortune.

hey Captain, light definitely works but wont come on even on empty ... yes, i've already run out of gas. I bought a US bike and forgot the odometer was in miles .... Jesus. Can anyone confirm if they can see the float at the bottom of the tank? Maybe i will leave this as a winter project and pay attention to the odometer ... i would say 150 miles to be safe?

Back