wjb

Nitrous
Ride
2008 Rocket III Touring
This is my first fuel injected bike and I have some questions about it.
My supercharged Mustang has injectors sized for the blower it came with. If I were to upgrade to a larger supercharger and add an additional 5+ pounds of boost I would have to upgrade my injectors from 47 lb/hr to 57 lb/hr to keep up with the engine's fuel demands. There simply isn't enough fuel volume even with increased fuel pressure and tuning to be able to feed the engine with the 47s.
I've been reading of several RT3's that have had substantial horsepower increase without any mention of needing bigger injectors. Does this mean that the stock injectors have enough room to grow just from adjusting injector pulse width or have I just missed the injector upgrades?

If memory serves me, I think Carpenter leaves them stock for the 240 kit, maybe goes bigger for the 265, not positive. @warp9.9 has bigger ones, pretty sure.

If memory serves me, I think Carpenter leaves them stock for the 240 kit, maybe goes bigger for the 265, not positive. @warp9.9 has bigger ones, pretty sure.
That’s correct I just read a post where you stated that about your build and Imfasttoo said they change on the 265 builds and up

Unfortunately though this thread and subsequent learning has me shipping off fuel injectors for cleaning Monday morning to rc injector, but thankfully only 83 bucks, but at 50000miles and a fresh build, what the heck, they test before and after with a printout so I’ll know if indeed they were struggling any, won’t be when I get them back, 24 hour turn around so winner winner chicken dinner :D

Here’s a start
Fuel Injector Flow Rate, put that in search box, Neville explains it there

All explained in detail in the thread referred to in Post 2 above....................

Thank you for directing me to the search function. I looked up and read the thread you referred to. Informative.
In the future I'll try to search things instead of coming to the forum with a question. I know, new guys are a pain.

Thank you for directing me to the search function. I looked up and read the thread you referred to. Informative.
In the future I'll try to search things instead of coming to the forum with a question. I know, new guys are a pain.

Just take it like a FNG :p:roll:. No harm asking the question and don't be afraid to ask more questions in the future. If there is an answer available already we can help you find it. If none exists, we debate and banter until we help you find a solution. So ask away.

Back