English Tim

Me, My Bike and I
Ride
Triumph Rocket III Tourer (2011)
Battery went flat, so recharged all ok. Fuel gauge was working fine until I fired up after recharging and now just reads zero. Tank at 75% full btw. Any ideas folks? Cheers Tim

Battery went flat, so recharged all ok. Fuel gauge was working fine until I fired up after recharging and now just reads zero. Tank at 75% full btw. Any ideas folks? Cheers Tim

Mine read low and incorrectly after battery disconnection. I had to ride about 10 miles before it settled down and read ok. This seems to be a quirk of some triumph electronics. Just like when you fill up. It takes time to reset for some reason. It's been ok ever since.

Mine read low and incorrectly after battery disconnection. I had to ride about 10 miles before it settled down and read ok. This seems to be a quirk of some triumph electronics. Just like when you fill up. It takes time to reset for some reason. It's been ok ever since.
Hi Mike, phew! Hope that’s the case. Sounds plausible, as I remember the gauge being useless when I first filled it. I’ll find out on my next ride. Thanks very much for the info. Cheers Tim

Hi Mike, phew! Hope that’s the case. Sounds plausible, as I remember the gauge being useless when I first filled it. I’ll find out on my next ride. Thanks very much for the info. Cheers Tim

I notice you have a tourer. I assume the fuel guage electronics are the same as the roadster which I have. Hopefully it works the same.

Back