Fuel Gauge anomaly

WyldCFH

Drop a Gear and Disappear!
Ride
'20 Ducati Panigale V4 S
Ok, so, since I've picked up my Roadster, back in February, I've noticed that filling the tank up the to collar causes the gauge to go stupid.

Basically, whatever it was showing when I shut it down is where it will stay for anywhere from 2-5 miles. Then today, with a completely full tank, I hooked up to TuneECU, saved the map to my laptop, unhooked. At that point I had an error and noticed the fuel gauge showing completely empty. Hooked back up to TuneECU, cleared the error, unhooked and let the bike idle for 20-25 minutes and no change. Unfortunately, I couldn't go for a ride as it was raining pretty hard at the time.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Ok, so, since I've picked up my Roadster, back in February, I've noticed that filling the tank up the to collar causes the gauge to go stupid.

Basically, whatever it was showing when I shut it down is where it will stay for anywhere from 2-5 miles. Then today, with a completely full tank, I hooked up to TuneECU, saved the map to my laptop, unhooked. At that point I had an error and noticed the fuel gauge showing completely empty. Hooked back up to TuneECU, cleared the error, unhooked and let the bike idle for 20-25 minutes and no change. Unfortunately, I couldn't go for a ride as it was raining pretty hard at the time.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?
I think this is pretty common as far as when you fill up it does take a little while to register and reset, mine has always done this. As far as the TuneECU issue I am not sure, others with more experience will be along soon no doubt.

Cheers

I am pretty sure mine does the same, it takes a few minutes of riding before the fuel darts show full and before it calculates the distance.

Can't comment on the disconnecting of the gear and fuel gauge.

It's all normal. Take it for a spin and the bars on the fuel gauge will come back pretty quick

Recommend to not to fill tank above the plate.
The fuel warning light is not accurate. My R3R lights up like 80 miles before empty, which is 20 -25 miles after 0.

I remember the first time I filled up my Triumph, thought the same thing... Why the hell is the fuel gauge not showing the fuel I just put in? Ride a couple of KM's and you'll see the gauge climb up to the full amount.

I remember the first time I filled up my Triumph, thought the same thing... Why the hell is the fuel gauge not showing the fuel I just put in? Ride a couple of KM's and you'll see the gauge climb up to the full amount.
+1, it's even worse when I pull it out of the garage after the winter,takes a good 15 mins of riding before it registers.

different rides but, my 01 ford 250 superduty with 7.3 diesel does the same, fill it up run down the road 50 miles before it gets to 3/4 full on the guage

Thanks guys.

I'm was less worried by the fact that it "sticks" in place when I fill it up, and more so by the fact the gauge shows totally empty after my first ever TuneECU connect.

I'll give her a few miles and see what happens.

Back