fuel gauge and distance to empty reading stopped working

cusso ken

Living Legend
Ride
2011 Rocket 3 touring
My R3T has decided it wont tell me how much fuel is in the tank also the distance to empty readout has stopped working, everything else is working ,trip meter clock ect ,I will lift the tank to see if the connection has worked loose, fingers crossed

That would be my guess. Sending unit unplugged ;) those are my kind of fixes ;) meanwhile just reset your trip counter at fill up and when you hit 250km start looking for a gas station :)

British crap electrics ,may be water helps the electrics conduct better . when I got my r3 I was was waiting to see the fuel light go on befour filling up run out of fuel instead and found the sensor float 180 degree where it should of been but got the analog fuel gauge and rectified sensor it's been ok since

That would be my guess. Sending unit unplugged ;) those are my kind of fixes ;) meanwhile just reset your trip counter at fill up and when you hit 250km start looking for a gas station :)

This is pretty much what I do to.
It makes you wonder why Triumph decided to give the bike this feature but not do it right and have an accurate fuel gauge.

English electrics for you. Fuel gauge on my Landy doesn't work, despite everything being fine. All components and wires function individually, but put them together and no chance o_O

Back