bullwinkle

Standard Bore
Per my profile, just purchased a R3T 2008 and just discovered fuel gage only shows 1/2 tank but it's full. Suggestions ? Still under warrantee but dealer is 65 miles away.

Mine has the same issue...

I purchased a new 2008 several weeks ago. I noticed right away that whenever I filled it up, it took awhile to get back to the full mark and after staying there a few miles it would drop like a stone to between 3/4 and 1/2 full. However, I've learned to ignore it. It shows over 200 miles remaining on the display after it's filled up so I don't worry about it. Also, I've checked the accuracy of the miles remaining when you get low on fuel and mine is fairly accurate. I let it get down to 1 mile to go and had to put in almost 5 gallons.

Per my profile, just purchased a R3T 2008 and just discovered fuel gage only shows 1/2 tank but it's full. Suggestions ? Still under warrantee but dealer is 65 miles away.

Same bike. Had the tune updated by the dealer recently. Then I noticed problem same as yours which occurred since that tune update. Spoke to the dealer today and booked in for a free correction. He said that it is a simple tweak of the engine management control.

Updated the tune now my gauge stays at full, before while running the 20220 map out would do the drop like a stone thing mentioned above, now it just stays on the full mark lol. Is this something i can correct?

For the gauge to reflect an accurate reading you need to calibrate the fuel pump sending unit float position. As per detailed how to's in below links
Low fuel light fix with pictures
Rocket fuel gauge and light - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums

Back