Frustration Setting In !

zman8537

.040 Over
Ride
2014 ROADSTER
OK, This is starting to get frustrating! Bought new leftover Roadster the end of August and other than a couple issues that it had (shutting down rolling up to light or to a stop and popping thru the air cleaner), I was really happy with my new beast. At the 500 mile service I told them about the issues and they told me they checked it out and all was good. I then tool her on a 1600 + mile trip down to the Smokey Mountains and other than the issues mentioned it ran great. So when I got back I took it back to the dealership to have them check it out again and after 2 weeks I finally got a call that it was ready to pick up. They said TPS' were out of adjustment. Went and picked it up tonight and after about 8 miles of stop and go traffic I got to pull out on to the highway, so I opened it up a little and now the former beast runs like a "PIG"!!! I truly believe that from 60-100 my America would have given it a run for its money. It feels like they detuned it or something!!!! The good is that it did not stall but it seems like it is popping a lot more on decal and something sounds louder but I can't quite make out if it is exhaust or intake noise. At this point. I don't have any faith in the dealer at this time. I am thinking about calling Triumph Corporate at this point. Any suggestions out there?????

Welcome to the rocket. I have a rocket x with under 500 mile on it and is doing the same exact thing and have been told all the same things you have been told im sure. Its a shame that these machines have this flaw. but if you figure out a answer im all on board with it.

Your last three sentences were your own best advice. If you have a cable tuneecu can tell you if the messed with the tune. If they adjusted your TPS only, it should be better not worse. Your symptoms point to the former. If you don't have a cable yet, it's the best $20 investment you can make on a rocket. Lonelec.co.uk I think is the website.

With tuneecu you can modify the tunes (though I wouldn't recommend it unless you know what you're doing). For those who don't (like me!) it allows you to upload tunes others have modified, change settings (fan kick-on, etc), and troubleshoot. You can identify codes, adjust TPS, idle, etc.

Your last three sentences were your own best advice. If you have a cable tuneecu can tell you if the messed with the tune. If they adjusted your TPS only, it should be better not worse. Your symptoms point to the former. If you don't have a cable yet, it's the best $20 investment you can make on a rocket. Lonelec.co.uk I think is the website.
Is there anywhere to get that cable in the states or just the UK??? I am good with it if just UK, just figured I could get it a little quicker from the states. I mentioned in another thread that I am not the most computer savvy person, so what are the chances that a computer illiterate will be able to figure anything out??? Just curious!

You can load a tune to suit any mods you may have
Here is a list on their site Triumph_Custom_Tune_list. 3 & 4 Cyl. models
But if you ask for a tune to suit your bike, I am sure someone will have a good one

Guys have ordered them off amazon and eBay, but it seems to be hit and miss whether or not it's the right cable. Worth it to me to be worry free.
I got mine while in Germany, so I'm not sure of shipping time to states. Can't imagine it'd take more than a week (it fits in a mailer envelope). I actually ordered 2 just to make sure I'd always have one on hand.

Back