Front tire problem, HELP!

camccardell

.060 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Classic Tourer
I just was doing some winter maintenance on my bike and have noticed a serious problem that is worrying me.
My front tire is wearing very hard on the right side. I cannot figure out what would cause this.

I don't know if the pictures do it justice. The wear bars should tell the tale.

But anyway I also purchased a center stand from flipmeisters.

The bike leans to the right on the center stand too....

Making me worry that maybe the frame is twisted perhaps?

I really don't know what to think, but it has me worried. thoughts or ideas on how to proceed?

Thanks guys

Several things can cause this many them are tire pressure,crown in the roads you ride on,if you have saddlebags more weight in one side than the other are just a few.

Mine does that way more pronounced though I attribute it to cambered roads and running a DS

@camccardell
What tire is that?
If the bike tracks true, goes straight with hands off bars, I would hope tis just a bad tire.
Put on a good performance tire like an Avon Cobra, and see if the problem persists before going too crazy?

Last edited:
Mine does that way more pronounced though I attribute it to cambered roads and running a DS
I wore both sides wear down to nothing and still had plenty of tread in the center when running the DS on rear

Last edited:
If you were in Australia I would say that is completely normal as these bikes ride with a slight lean to off set the camber on the road. Thought in the US it would be your left side which would wear quicker.

Back