TerryBlakeslee

.040 Over
Ride
2009 Rocket 3 Touring
Morning all - Going to be swapping out the stock front springs with a set of Progressives this weekend on my 09 R3T. I was wondering if anyone has any helpful installation tips.
Thanks for your time - have a great day

Make sure you measure the oil accurately before pouring it in - on both sides.

R3T spec oil is 0 weight, I went with 7 first when I put progressives in, I felt it was too hard, every bump wacked you. Changed to a 2 or 3 weight, I liked it better. Kind of subjective thing though.

Go with Tripps weight advise. I didn't know what the base fork oil weight is. My suggestion was to illustrate a slightly higher than stock would make an improvement.

Last edited:
Do you have the TOOL?
The Progressive springs are a good upgrade. :thumbsup:
Have you done the rears?

Go with Tripps weight advise. I didn't know what the base fork oil weight is. My suggestion was to illustrate a slightly higher than stock would make an improvement.
The thing is if you weigh 300 LBS you cant run the same setup as a 150 LB rider you must retune the forks and shocks to compensate for double the weight

The thing is if you weigh 300 LBS you cant run the same setup as a 150 LB rider you must retune the forks and shocks to compensate for double the weight
I weigh 200 lbs. I mostly ride alone 80 % of the time. My wife is around 100 lbs. I'm not a very aggressive rider, those days are behind me. Mostly just enjoy cruising.
I really appreciate all the helpful tips - Thanks to everyone for your advise.

Back