Big Gun

Master Blaster
Ride
Zipo
There’s been a lot of space talking about rear shock replacement, I chose Hagon Nitro’s and I'm very happy I did!

What I now have experienced is the front shocks seem to be the weak link in enhanced ride and handling. Not seen too much about front shock replacement. What are you, that have chosen to replace replaced them with? Are you pleased with the result?

As always, thanks for your positive and constructive comments!

Most of us get great results with just 2 simple cheap mods on the fronts. It is simple to do. You will need the front fork special tools from Triumph.

Here is what you do. Get a set of Progressive ( or like item) and when you change the springs you change the fork oil from the stock 5 weight to 7 weight.

That is all it takes and the improvement is amazing. It is a great compliment to rear shock upgrade.

Most of us get great results with just 2 simple cheap mods on the fronts. It is simple to do. You will need the front fork special tools from Triumph.

Here is what you do. Get a set of Progressive ( or like item) and when you change the springs you change the fork oil from the stock 5 weight to 7 weight.

That is all it takes and the improvement is amazing. It is a great compliment to rear shock upgrade.

Jay, I did this upgrade as Bill suggests. And it is a definite improvement. But if by "Big Gun" you mean over 225 lbs, you may need 10 weight oil

Jay, I did this upgrade as Bill suggests. And it is a definite improvement. But if by "Big Gun" you mean over 225 lbs, you may need 10 weight oil
Thanks Clint! I'm pushing 250. The project is over my pay grade so I'm going to see if the guys at the Triumph shop will help me out.

BTW: the Corvette fever has passed with a strong dose of "how much is this toy really going to cost" :banghead::banghead: and no Motorcycle :eek::eek:.
Back to work on the Rock. :D

Big Gun came from my love of hand cannons. Most are gone now that my body really can't take the abuse anymore.

Thanks Clint! I'm pushing 250. The project is over my pay grade so I'm going to see if the guys at the Triumph shop will help me out.

BTW: the Corvette fever has passed with a strong dose of "how much is this toy really going to cost" :banghead::banghead: and no Motorcycle :eek::eek:.
Back to work on the Rock. :D

Big Gun came from my love of hand cannons. Most are gone now that my body really can't take the abuse anymore.

Then you MUST come to Leakey in Nov - No large group this time! :)

Then you MUST come to Leakey in Nov - No large group this time! :)

I’m cleared for the 10th off with a large BUT, our ISO requalification is 7-9. I’m kind of in the big middle of it. I’m expecting it to go well so I hope to be there. I won’t know until the 9th probably after lunch.
I would really like to make the trip.

Did you do Progressive Springs? Do you have a PN? Talked to my Triumph guy, no problems just need to tell them what I want.

I’m cleared for the 10th off with a large BUT, our ISO requalification is 7-9. I’m kind of in the big middle of it. I’m expecting it to go well so I hope to be there. I won’t know until the 9th probably after lunch.
I would really like to make the trip.

Did you do Progressive Springs? Do you have a PN? Talked to my Triumph guy, no problems just need to tell them what I want.

Yea, Progressive springs. Ebay is my friend,

Progressive Suspension Fork Springs 11-1144 HONDA SUZUKI TRIUMPH YAMAHA KAWASAKI | eBay

Last edited:
Disregard the fitment.. I went back to the ebay site and it says it will fit a Touring....

Back