Front Pads/Shaft oil.....

patrol21

.060 Over
Ride
2009 R3 RAMAIR Intake Full Jardine Exhaust Cor
Aloha...sure this has been round the block a few zillion times....looking to the early spring for maintence stuff...did my rear brakes in the fall..10K on the clock, figured I would follow suit with the front....rear pads were a 5 minute job...first time around for these on the front...couple of questions

1) Require front tire removal? Done a ton of brakes..sometimes, yes, sometimes no..just curious
2) Pads....recommendations? I have EBC Double H's or something like that on rear now.
3) Not brakes but planning on changing out my shaft oil. Recommendations there?

No you don't have to remove tire,EBC double HH pads.Not sure what mean by shaft oil.

... and make certain to grease the splines in the shaft drive with a quality moly lube at least once every 10K miles, if not more frequently (like, when you change rear tires)!

You shouldn't need front brakes yet. They tend to last a lot longer than the rear. I have over 40k on the original front pads.
My thanks for the comments...I'm an old school chain guy so shaft drives are new. 40k on a set of pads....nice...I tend to run hard and fast and change out brakes even if there is still surface left....old habits from my race days. Cheers all!

Back