sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Plan on replacing the stock springs with the progressive springs. What weight oil should we use? Also plan on replacing the steering neck bearings and need info on required tools. Advice needed:):):):):)

MAXIMA RACING OIL 59901-7 FORK FLUID 7W LITER | eBay

I used this Sonny, good product/good price. Get (2) liters
7 weight
And I don’t have fork spring tools, but ratchet straps work fine. A bench vise helps

MAXIMA RACING OIL 59901-7 FORK FLUID 7W LITER | eBay

I used this Sonny, good product/good price. Get (2) liters
7 weight
And I don’t have fork spring tools, but ratchet straps work fine. A bench vise helps

I just did fork seals and progressive springs during the xmas break. Whole process was a lot easier/straight forward than I anticipated. Used 7W oil and picked up the tools on eBay. Maybe 3 hrs total including the fork removal/reinstall.

$25 Universal Motorcycle Fork Spring Compressor and Damper Rod Holding Tool Kit off of eBay

And $20 Motion Pro oil level gauge:

had my forks done not too long ago replaced with hyperpro springs/oil,done it at a mates shop couldent have done it at home,those tools are needed.
also put some progressivs on the rear,the set up is better but as i stated in another story,not sports bike country,if you get my drift.
then again its got as much weight as a rihno hasn.t it.:whitstling:

Went ahead and bought all three tools recommended per service manual. A bit over $200.00 dollars. Nothing worse than getting down to business and finding out you do not have the proper tools to do the job correctly. Figure the ROCKET X is worth it. Waste of money? Not really. Well worth the peace of mind that the job was done correctly with the proper tools. Just the nature of the beast. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:;);););)

Back