Front forks alignment

leemo

.040 Over
After the rather embarrassing spill I had a while ago,:-? I think the forks may have got pulled as it seems to steer left easier than right and when the bars are let got the bike goes left. Has any one got any idea on how to check the tracking of the front end.

You might check with a string line and check the distances diagionally to a common point, loosen the triple trees and twist it back in line if it still doesnt steer straight check the triple clamps that they are not bent, a mate with a Golwing had a simalar problem and that is where I started looking and in his case it was the lower triple clamp bent and a very slight bend in the fork at the triple clamp. lots of measuring and straight edge work, good luck. hope it helps

You might check with a string line and check the distances diagionally to a common point, loosen the triple trees and twist it back in line if it still doesnt steer straight check the triple clamps that they are not bent, a mate with a Golwing had a simalar problem and that is where I started looking and in his case it was the lower triple clamp bent and a very slight bend in the fork at the triple clamp. lots of measuring and straight edge work, good luck. hope it helps

Mine's a 59 plate and steers to the left since new, havn't bother'd to look into it yet, back wheel might need aligning

If you think forks are just misaligned and not bent, loosen every clamping bold on front end (including axle) bounce it good a few times than retighten starting at top and working way down.

Back