Front fork springs length stock/upgrade

alselec

.060 Over
Reposting this: Are aftermarket progressive front fork springs longer than the stock springs on an 06' R3? Not necessarily making the bike higher, but maybe more travel? Just a guess.. They were on my 02' Bonneville.

06'
R3

no diff in height that could notice just less dive and worked better than stock with same weight oil:)

R3 front and rear springs/shocks

Do the front progressive springs really make a difference?

Do the front progressive springs really make a difference?
While not a massive improvement there was improvement generaly thru hi speed bumpy sweepers and under brakes.
To get more you would need to spend more as Ponters did and get someone like Wilbers Techincans to go to town, PM Ponters for more info
Remember it all comes down to how much you are willing or can spend but more importantly do both ends cos both end work together

You'll need two seals, dust covers and fork oil plus the special tools to remove the springs. You might want to look into upgrading the springs whilst you are in there. Everybody seems to have a positive opinion on the Progressive springs which usually go for about $75.00 on Ebay. You might also want to look into the mod that I posted on here a short while back which seemed to go unnoticed and really is quite simple:

My springs arrived last Saturday and as soon as I machine the spacers I'll be going this route. There is also a very good write up with pics available from Atomsplitter on dot com site:

Back