Front fork progressive springs install question

alselec

.060 Over
I will be putting the front progressive springs on my 06' R3. Do I need the front spring compressor tool part #T3880067 (t-handle looking) to install the new springs? Do the spacer in the forks come out and stay out, or are they reused? Are the new springs longer? Can it all be done from the top bolt cap taken off?
Thanks, Al

I will be putting the front progressive springs on my 06' R3. Do I need the front spring compressor tool part #T3880067 (t-handle looking) to install the new springs? Do the spacer in the forks come out and stay out, or are they reused? Are the new springs longer? Can it all be done from the top bolt cap taken off?
Thanks, Al

hi
http://www.r3owners.net/general-tech-talk/12706-how-fork-spring-changeout.html
i tried to post this link to a different thread i hope this works.
herman

Front progressive spring question R3

I'm assuming I'll need the tool #T3880067 (t-handle) and will have to pull the forks too.

I'm assuming I'll need the tool #T3880067 (t-handle) and will have to pull the forks too.
It would be a good idea. if you don't have you will have to make something. on another thread they said it just cost $47 i think.
herman

Yes, I went ahead and ordered the tool (t-handle looking) and thats about what I paid.

Back