Front fender trim

Akbusa1

.040 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Roadster
Can anyone who has taken of the chrome trim on the front fender tell me how difficult it was to remove, and how big the hole were that we're left. I'm a fan of the clean look with not to much chrome, but don't want a jacked up looking fender either.
Thanks for any help offered.
JP

Three holes for the chrome some where around 3/16 inch. the one in the center under the badge is a screw the other two outside ones are held in by snap washer. Sometimes a ***** to get off without breaking the cheap plastic post. I would leave it alone !!!

Three holes for the chrome some where around 3/16 inch. the one in the center under the badge is a screw the other two outside ones are held in by snap washer. Sometimes a ***** to get off without breaking the cheap plastic post. I would leave it alone !!!

Thanks for the info, I believe I'll wait till I can have someone weld the holes up and paint the fender, or maybe even shorten it a bit,
Thank you much Sir.
JP

I've removed mine, the holes that are left behind aren't that bad IMO:

fender.jpg

If you ever take it off, I'll buy it from you. I think it beautiful on the bike. My bike didn't come with it and most of the trim was discontinued before I bought my bike in 2012. I have most of it now after hunting it down between ebay and leftover pieces on dealers shelves across the country. I'd be happy to buy yours from you as a spare for when mine starts looking it's age

Ridefree

Wow I kind of like the trim myself. Then again we ride the hell out of the bike as is. The trim piece protects the fender from getting all chipped up. Not only do we think it looks sharp it is very functional as well. So if you remove yours place it for sale hell I will buy it.

If you ever take it off, I'll buy it from you. I think it beautiful on the bike. My bike didn't come with it and most of the trim was discontinued before I bought my bike in 2012. I have most of it now after hunting it down between ebay and leftover pieces on dealers shelves across the country. I'd be happy to buy yours from you as a spare for when mine starts looking it's age

Ridefree
if you are looking for triumph front fender trim and gas tank triumph trim I have them aii off my bike and selling them

Old thread I know but did this today as had to swap the trim...ordered the black from the X looks better imo.
Anyway , getting the snap washer of was piece of cake...putting new ones back on....impossible!
Just not enough room to get any leverage.
I guess I’ll have to take fender off next...funny how the most simple seeming tasks turn out to be a real PIA.

If you have any tips great!...if not ...it’s off with the fender...cheers!

Back