Tbone

.060 Over
Ride
2014 Roadster 2008 Not So Standard 2006 Carpenter
I have been experiencing a shake while front braking between 55-75 mph. The shake disappears when speeds are lower or higher than this. Also experience front end wobble when I remove hands from bar at 40-50 mph. Wobble disappears below and above these speeds. I took to dealer and had them ride and was told more than likely need new rotors and both problems probably not related. Bike is 2014 Roadster and has 13,000 miles. Have been experiencing this for over 4000 miles but just been dealing with it. This seems like low miles to need new rotors. Tire replacement didn't help and I replaced pads just because I had some but same effect. Thinking bout taking bike elsewhere and start with tire balance and go from there. Anybody had this kind of issue and what was the cure?

My '13 does the same thing...exactly as you've described. I run Avon Cobra front.

My rotors were shagged after 30k kms but she is a big girl and I'm pretty hard on the front brakes

Let the shop put on new tires not long ago. From the start I new they *** it up. The wobble and a shake, just as you described. Take it back an rebalance. Just don't let same kid do it. All the tire weights should go to one spot on the rim.

More than likely may be the tire also had the same problem at one time replaced the tire and that took care of it

there r a few threads on this guys have had troubles with both metz and avon tires doing this wobble.
mine was a metz i had a habit of putting my sun glasses on with both hands and to my supprize the bars started to go crazy.:( after that i always kept at least one hand on the bars till i wore out that front tire. the next tire avon worked great.:thumbsup:
i guess it is the tires or something happens to the tire when mounted.
what kind of front tire?
i know my front bearings r a little loose but that does not seem to do any thing.

Back