Ddodge80

.020 Over
Ride
06 rocket3
I have noticed that it feels like my front brake just doesn't feel like it's stopping the bike.
And possibly has excessive lever travel.
It don't feel spongy but i tried to bleed it anyway. No difference took it to the local bike repair shop had them bleed it. It is somewhat better now as in travel feels better and you can tell it's working however i just feel like it could be better.
Is this normal for these bikes or do i need to work on my front brakes?

IMG_0637.JPG IMG_0638.JPG IMG_0639.JPG IMG_0640.JPG IMG_0643.JPG

Had similar issues with mine plus squeaking. Took off calipers took apart rebuilt with new seals, cleaned everything, bleed brakes and now brakes are a lot harder plus the front abs will now kick in. Tried just bleeding brakes before and not much improvement prior to caliper rebuilding

Thanks guys looks like a refurbishing of the front calipers will be in order.
Where do you guys buy the rebuild kits from?

It looks like one kit does one caliper
So i will be needing two kits right?
Watch a video on caliper rebuild. Some people get away with extruding the pistons with no pads on as much as they can and clean them well with Q-Tips and brake fluid. Less mess and work. It depends on how good you bench, tools and skills are. Can be done with the caliper off the forks, still attached to the brake line.

Or- Try just taking the pistons out to clean very well. Then reassemble with a little red brake grease on them. Seat the pistons all the way in, match the two sides of the caliper, reattach the caliper to the forks, re-install the tryre and rotors insert new pads, and then inject new fluid. I have been using a large 50 cc syringe and a short piece of clear tubing to vacuum fluid from the reservoir at the caliper nipple. Then pump the handle until you get resistance. The key to this job is cleanliness. No contamination. Brake fluid damages paint but cleans very well. Don't contamine the pads or disc with brake fluid. My bike has no ABS. The ABS might require special procedures when refilling and bleeding.

Watch a video on caliper rebuild. Some people get away with extruding the pistons with no pads on as much as they can and clean them well with Q-Tips and brake fluid. Less mess and work. It depends on how good you bench, tools and skills are. Can be done with the caliper off the forks, still attached to the brake line.

Or- Try just taking the pistons out to clean very well. Then reassemble with a little red brake grease on them. Seat the pistons all the way in, match the two sides of the caliper, reattach the caliper to the forks, re-install the tryre and rotors insert new pads, and then inject new fluid. I have been using a large 50 cc syringe and a short piece of clear tubing to vacuum fluid from the reservoir at the caliper nipple. Then pump the handle until you get resistance. The key to this job is cleanliness. No contamination. Brake fluid damages paint but cleans very well. Don't contamine the pads or disc with brake fluid. My bike has no ABS. The ABS might require special procedures when refilling and bleeding.
Thanks. I will check out a video or two.
I don't think my 06 has abs

Back