Front Brake Clicking Noise

WOTYSGTB

.020 Over
Ride
2022 Triple Black R3GT
Hey all. Picked up the new ride yesterday and I noticed when moving it around in the garage a clicking noise when I release the front brake. I plan on putting it on the lift to dive deeper into the issue but from a quick look at the calipers and rotors it all looks good. Any ideas ?
20220220_090630.jpg

Hey all. Picked up the new ride yesterday and I noticed when moving it around in the garage a clicking noise when I release the front brake. I plan on putting it on the lift to dive deeper into the issue but from a quick look at the calipers and rotors it all looks good. Any ideas ?
20220220_090630.jpg
Sounds like something the dealer should look at (warranty issue) and document.

20220220_090630.jpg

Is it happening when you reverse your bike ? If yes then the sound is coming from small play from the rotors. Hold the rotors with both the hands and try turning it. You’ll feel a slight play.

Mine does the same- moving the bike forward or rearward and hit the front brake, I get the clicking noise. Dealer said they all do it. It is the play in the front rotors and nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
Floating brake rotor. Try grabbing it with 2 fingers and giving it a back and forward wiggle and see if that's the sound you hear. If so, it's intended.

My R3GT with 9k on the clock has started doing this - to the point I can not only hear it, but I can feel it through the handlebars. Happen nearly every time I come to a stop and I can reproduce it by rocking back and forth while applying the front brake. Very disconcerting, but evidently very common (?). Any ideas on a fix, or some way to lessen the clicking?

20220220_090630.jpg
nice color choice, how do you like the torque?

My R3GT with 9k on the clock has started doing this - to the point I can not only hear it, but I can feel it through the handlebars. Happen nearly every time I come to a stop and I can reproduce it by rocking back and forth while applying the front brake. Very disconcerting, but evidently very common (?). Any ideas on a fix, or some way to lessen the clicking?
Louder ear buds? LOL, couldn;t help myself....I have 6K on mine so I will watch for the issue, thanks

Back