Front brake calipers

MohamedSalah

.020 Over
Ride
2007 Triumph Rocket 3 2007
Hello Rocketeers,

I am writing this from my bed in the hospital with a broken bone, damaged nerve , six surgical nails holding my arm together and all I could think if is how to fix the issue with the bike and when I can ride again :)

See, I had a very strange problem: my front right caliper gets stuck on the braking position and the pistons doesn’t return. This happened while riding and caused the accident.

Any ideas what went wrong? What should be fixed?

Gday Mohamed...your break sounds quite nasty - i hope it heals well :thumbsup:

Generally brake cylinders will stick when the dust n dirt builds up or if the sit for a while and rust. You can order a rebuild kit with new seals and give the calipers a thorough clean...hard to do one handed though :confused:

Gday Mohamed...your break sounds quite nasty - i hope it heals well :thumbsup:

Generally brake cylinders will stick when the dust n dirt builds up or if the sit for a while and rust. You can order a rebuild kit with new seals and give the calipers a thorough clean...hard to do one handed though :confused:
What is the part number for the repair kit?

Sorry to hear about your mishap my goalscoring friend, what condition were your brakes in before the crash just asking because it is rare for all cylinders to get stuck solid at once and cause the type of crash you had, get well soon.
Thanks Scot
My brakes were very weak. I requested the mechanic to fix it and apparently he did something stupid.
I think one piston out of four in the right caliper is the problem

Back