triroketman

Supercharged
Does anybody know the correct size hex bit socket I need to remove the front axle. I was thinking it was 19mm but I am not sure. I will need a new front tire soon and would like to have the correct tool.
Thanks Dave

Yes it's a 19mm, but a 3/4 inch bolt (head size) double nutted works fine as a tool to remove and install the axle.
19 millimeters = 0.748031496 inches

i use a 9/16 coupling nut. I couldn't find a 19mm hex wrench, went to homedepot and got the coupling nut for a couple of dollars.

Front Axle Bolt HEX HEAD

Simple if you are in a situation where you need something to work and can't make it to a specialty store to order the hex head wrench...

Find a bolt where the head will fit into the hex head (easier than you'd think).

What I did in a pinch was a can of old grade 8 bolts and one fit (figure it out) threw a pipe wrench on it and pulled the front wheel off without a hitch.

Make your own, follow this link and see the picture of the one I have. Just like Lester532 said.
R3 Owners.com :: Log in=

A quick tip

I used a 13/16 plug wrench socket 3/8 drive, reversed the ends (drive hole side into the axle). Run an extension through the socket's big end for the ratchet and it works like a pocket on a nerd's shirt.

I used a 13/16 plug wrench socket 3/8 drive, reversed the ends (drive hole side into the axle). Run an extension through the socket's big end for the ratchet and it works like a pocket on a nerd's shirt.

Hmmm, good idea, I just chopped off the drive hole end. Problem is I keep losing the little buggers. Next time I will leave it alone.

Does anybody know the correct size hex bit socket I need to remove the front axle. I was thinking it was 19mm but I am not sure. I will need a new front tire soon and would like to have the correct tool.
Thanks Dave
Here is what I use. Use a box end wrench with it not the 3/8 drive. No impact guns. Mac tools sells them.
bcbatman

Back