From where can I tap the turn signal wires to the rear ?

Joesmoe

IMOKUR2
Ride
Triumph: 2014 Rocket III Touring
I have a Givi E55 top case, and the made-for AdMore light kit for it. (it's a closeout item at Revzilla if anyone was sitting on the fence for this one)

The lighting kit handles tail, brake, and separate left, right turn signals.

Thanks to @DEcosse , I found the tail and brake lights.

The turn signal lights run somewhere else.

I'd like to find them just forward of the rear fender, near the battery.

Help ?

Joe, I found mine on my 14 R3T under the right side cover next to the tail light wires and plug. They are two small 2 pin plugs and wires. The one set of wires had red tape on both sides of the plug and that was the right side turn signal. The left side did not have any tape on them.

The rear harness (that goes under the fender and back to the tail light) comes up on the right hand side, under the front edge of the fender. If you take the side panel and pannier off you can see them. Just follow them up along the right hand side and you'll find they go up to two connectors pretty much right above the ECU box under the right-hand side cover.

If you get a hold of the R3T wiring diagram (@DEcosse has one, I do have one somewhere at home but not to hand as I write this) you can find the right wires based on color. Just look in front of the connectors, on my bike Triumph were lazy and used the same color wires both left/right - the wires going into the main wiring harness under the tank were correctly color coded though.

I tapped into mine with some Positap connectors, worked well.

yep....just follow the wires back up and you will find them ok...just unplug the connectors if you are not sure and put the indicators on, this will soon tell you if you have found them. Maybe wrap a label around each one with left or right indicator written on them for future recognition..

FB_IMG_1493630922680.jpg

I ripped open my machine yesterday, got rained out at work, changed speakers from OEM to Alpine. Then did all new front brake pads. The brakes took 1/3 The time that the speakers did because of taking body panels off.
I've done a couple of lighting mods and even though I've been a professional electrician and all around arsehole for 40 plus years, motorcycle electrical systems can be daunting endeavors. Best advice is move slowly, test before reassembly.

Back