From footboads to pegs

Icio673

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3 classic
Hi!
I can't find a similar thread, so I ask:
I have an R3 classic, with footboard, but I'm not comfortable with them; I want to try to install pegs, like Kuryakyn for example, but I cant understand which adapter I need!
Someone could help me?

Year of bike? Look for used or salvaged bikes for sale, as they sometimes offer everything you need. May also need the rear brake line. Keep looking, and someone will be along to help

Hi!
I can't find a similar thread, so I ask:
I have an R3 classic, with footboard, but I'm not comfortable with them; I want to try to install pegs, like Kuryakyn for example, but I cant understand which adapter I need!
Someone could help me?
The classic rails are lower then the standard style peg rails. Also triumph made board to fot the standard peg rails which tell me the mounts a two different animals. If you weren't on the other side of the pond or shipping charges wasn't a form of rape I'd gladdly swap a set with you. That being said you should find a standard and a roadster and see which peg rail set up you like. I'm sure someone near you will want to swap. If you want to check shipping Illinois 61567 USA. Good luck. Also its a different kind of beast before you chop it up get to know it first. Things like the floor boards might just grow on you :) just a suggestion. Also I do not remember if you classic seat has the bung hole for the riders back rest but I highly recommend it. It feels weird at first or at least for me it did but 60 miles or so and I was sold. Have fun be safe.

It's not that easy. You will need to change the rails, the boards mount to, along with the levers etc. Ride the bike as it is for a few weeks before you change too much.

I don't know how to "tag" members (I'm a Nokia 3310 man) so:
TheKid: It's a 2008 classic
Warp9.9: yesterday I undestand the importance of backrest on a Rocket (while overtaking I found myself on the passenger's seat), but I havent those holes.
Barbagris: The cause is: I'm very tall (2m) and I have longer legs than people tall like me, so my kness are almost over the tank, plus I have a 49EU feet, and I cant put all left foot on the board; I struggle to put up gear.
Under me the Rocket looks quite a normal bike; I would be satisfied only switching the boards with pegs, keeping levers etc.....but if it is not possibile.....well, **** the fatigue!!! I did not think there was something so funny !!

Fillipo - You need to find other R3 owners with the other footrest options and see what fits you best.

I found the EARLY rocket footpeg position VERY uncomfortable so fitted Classic footboards. The Roadster peg position I found better than the early ones. But still prefer the boards.

If you want to get radical - then there are aftermarket "forward rest" footrests available (complete kits). I am sure other member will know where to find them and con supply pictures.

I googled and found this FC17 Forward Controls Triumph Rocket III Roadster Classic Standard & Rocket X

Probably a CHEAPER option too!

You should have no trouble finding someone with a Roadster willing to swap.
The rails work and with a tad of fussing with the master cylinder location and brake line hook up,
you should be able to make you and the other fellow happy happy!
I have Roadster peg rails, master cylinder & controls, but no pegs.

Back